Mike Mayock, The Draft Guru......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock, The Draft Guru.........

I usually don't buy into the "smokescreen" crap the site is obsessed with but in this case I'm wondering. When it seemed like Mayfield was the most likely to drop to us, Gase loved Mayfield now that is seems like Rosen will be that guy he loves Rosen too. Seems like we're trying to get jumped so a better defender is available, we'll find out tonight.

I’m defensive all of the way. Tannehill isn’t my ideal QB but he is good enough to win with supporting players around him. Defense wins championships. Now if a QB is available at 11, they should definitely try to **** Buffalo in a trade since they are needing a QB.

I wouldn’t hate that pick at all. Young, athletic, lots more on his ceiling. I’m hoping for Smith but wouldn’t be sad at this pick at all

Imagine Buffalo still with pick twelve and Rosen is still on the board at eleven? Would love Edmunds with pick twelve and an additional pick in the second. Yes please.

Rosen won't play right away and when he does I am not sure he is an upgrade over Tannehill. Since all indications are that Tannehill is healthy and will return this year, IMO, it would be more prudent to draft BPA and take a QB on day 3. In this scenario, my pick would be Edmunds. If Rosen is there, and a team calls to trade up I might consider that if we can get an extra 2nd. and don't have to trade too far back.

P.S. The only QB that I see as an upgrade to Tannehill would be Mayfield. Jackson is intriguing in a trade down. He is dynamic and needs time to develop, but he may not be a fit for a team that must win-now. On-the-other hand, we all might find him exciting to watch (even Ross). I am definitely wishy-washy on Jackson.
I agree with the thought on QB, we have more pressing needs for the team. If Tanny does not work out this year, give him a one-year extension at the end of the year and draft a QB next draft. If Rosen is there for us, there are a few teams just behind us that would want a QB and they should get as many draft picks as possible due to the needs of the team.

I think the wildcard in this draft is the Giants. IMO, they are stupid if they pass on a QB. I think QBs go 1, 2, 3. Either that or someone pays them a fortune to move up. Staying at 2 and drafting Barkley or Chubb will be a mistake, IMO. The end is near for Manning and they are not likely to be picking so early again in the next couple of years.

Seems like an ideal scenario to bring in a QB. Same scenario as the Packers in 2005 and the Colts in 2012. Brett Favre was entering his 15th season in 2005. Peyton Manning was entering his 15th season in 2012. Eli Manning is entering his 15th season in 2018.

Tannehill is not a winner. We would not have made the playoffs in 2016 if he never got injured. He would have ensured we lost the last few games down the stretch to miss them, just like he lost to a horrific bills and jets team a few years before that. Get this nose picker OUTTA here, time for some new blood yo. You all say our defense is bad, our oline is bad. Players elevate their play when they know they have a capable qb. We have not had that in miami in a long time, sans the inconsistent pennington years.

If he says it it has to be true.:thumbsup But in all seriousness, of all the commentators that speak of the draft, I probably respect him the most.

Yeah, Mayock is the best of all of them....but he can't be right on all the picks and he's even acknowledged that in the past. With all the potential for trade ups, downs, etc. (and the buffoonery of certain GM's....cough, cough, Tannebum) there are obviously going to be misses but he makes the most sense.

Tannehill is not a winner. We would not have made the playoffs in 2016 if he never got injured. He would have ensured we lost the last few games down the stretch to miss them, just like he lost to a horrific bills and jets team a few years before that. Get this nose picker OUTTA here, time for some new blood yo. You all say our defense is bad, our oline is bad. Players elevate their play when they know they have a capable qb. We have not had that in miami in a long time, sans the inconsistent pennington years.

Naw Tannehill is an excellent QB, he was just held back by a coach that ignorant fans had no idea was incompetent, until we got blown out by the Jets and Bills after losing to a 5-11 Jags team in his 4th season to start the year. Funny how much better he did his first year with Gase.

Last edited:
Mayock has the Raiders taking the the tackle McGinley at 10, I'll be shocked if that happens, so not sure he's right that both Edmunds and Rosen fall to us. IF they do, despite how much I love Edmunds, I don't see how we can pass up on a player that could transform our franchise. I'm taking Rosen, if that's me.

He also has the Bills moving up to 6 to take Allen, I'm not buying into all the logic behind Allen being the Bills guy, think it's a smokescreen and Rosen or Mayfield is whom they are targeting. I think they do trade up and pick Rosen. In that scenario we are left with a choice between Allen and Edmunds, no way I'm going QB in that situation.

The other thing I think is suspect with Mayock's mock is he has Arizona staying put behind us. If Rosen is still on the board, I doubt they stay put.

Top and bottom of it for me is that I don't see a likely scenario where Rosen falls to us at 11, if he does we have to take him. Edmunds would be a great pick if Rosen's not there at 11, but personally I would probably look to trade back to get in position for Jackson or Rudolph.

Back
Top Bottom