Mike McDaniel made us forget Brian Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike McDaniel made us forget Brian Flores

The great irony in all of this is that after the Brian Flores regime that focused on the Defense restricting points, Tua is now emboldened to excel. The lack of support or even encouragement from Flo has toughened Tua up. In a way, this is analogous to Tom Brady's time on the bench at Michigan and then as a backup behind Drew Bledsoe all helped to mentally toughen him up and make him hungrier.
Full marks to owner, Stephen Ross for (a) correctly identifying that Flo was the root cause of the problem and (b) correctly selecting Mike McDaniel as his successor.

Last edited:
Ice Cube Friday GIF

I wish Flo could be our DC though. Lord if this defense was performing like last year. We'd be abusing the league.
The defense would be no better with Flores as the DC. When Flores was the head coach, he had a healthy secondary. Right now the only starters from last years secondary who are active are Holland and Howard and Howard has been dealing with a groin injury all season and isn’t nearly the player he was the past two seasons.

No matter who the DC was at this time, the defense would be struggling with so many injuries in the secondary.

Flores was the head coach last year when the defense struggled over the first half of the season. They only played better over the second half of the 2021 season because they played against backup or rookie QB’s in every game but the loss to the Titans and the win over the Ravens.

This was a mediocre defense last year with Flores as the head coach and it has been a mediocre defense without him. Even with all the injuries in the secondary, this defense played better over the first half of the 2022 season than it played over the first half of the 2021 season.

McD made the media forget Flores.

If the Dolphins were 3-7 instead, the media would’ve been killing the decision.

With the team success and jubilation in players with McD, it’s lent a lot of credence to the Fins firing. The media is crickets about Flores and it is glorious.

McD made the media forget Flores.

If the Dolphins were 3-7 instead, the media would’ve been killing the decision.

With the team success and jubilation in players with McD, it’s lent a lot of credence to the Fins firing. The media is crickets about Flores and it is glorious.
That is so true, even Florio has shut up about it. They've shut up about Ross, Brady and Payton too. They've shut up about Tua retiring

I had a lot of faith in Flores. Not gonna deny he had our defense rocking. He let me down and he had me fooled

Back
Top Bottom