Mike McDaniel | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike McDaniel

KC made there run last year by leaning on Williams. Then drafting Helaire.

The running game gets you into January, no run game ala GB and you get humiliated on national TV.
Ya but without KC having Mahomes and that passing game they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Big plays happen because of the passing game. The Titans have Derrick Henry and what happened to them last week? He gets shut down and they lost because they struggled to pass the ball. Tannehill threw for only 165 yards and 1 TD. Why did the Ravens lose in the first round the last two years before this year? Maybe because Lamar Jackson struggled to throw the ball. A strong running game will only take you so far. A strong passing game is what can take you over the top.

Last edited:
Because he doesn't call plays, Shanahan does, just like Reid in KC. And why I think Bienemy is struggling to land a HC gig.

Why anyone wants a co offensive coaching asst I don't know.
DD..look at Bienemy's rap sheet over the years..and you'll understand why teams are slow to hire him as head coach.
Women groups would be lining up to protest.

One thing is clear to me - IF McDaniel AND Canada are legitimate candidates (not just courtesy interviews for an internal hire), Flores has still not committed to what he wants his offense to look like.

Both offenses are pretty different, and would require different offseason plans in terms of personnel.
Maybe he wants to call the plays?

I love what the 49ers do in the run game. Not sure how much of that is Shanahan or McDaniel.

But a great way to help a young quarterback is to build a strong running game.

From the sounds of it, he's a star in the making and a bunch of his players have ridiculously glowing reviews that go beyond just the "oh he's good". It helps that with him controlling the run game I could probably rush for 80 yards and a TD a game.

I read as much on theganggreen.com and their reasoning and yours are closely aligned. Still not buying it.

he’d give you that separation which if my flex can’t block I see as a requirement

is it a tell at the next level sure it is see if you can cover it when I design iso opportunities for it. I saw him win inside quickly against Patrick surtain when split even.

but again I don’t see how they could carry gesicki and pitts and find snaps for both and not pay dearly in the run/pass pro side of things. Which is why you shouldn’t have both and ones likely to spend a lot of time on the sideline

Pitts does look to be a better run blocker than Gesicki and I think you've got more to work with in pass pro too. In the 2 Florida games I saw I was surprised - not that he dominated but I expected him to be a liability in pass pro. Interested to hear what Gators fans on here think.

I know you can show anything on highlights packages but there's a couple of examples from 3 minutes 15 seconds.

Ya but without KC having Mahomes and that passing game they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Big plays happen because of the passing game. The Titans have Derrick Henry and what happened to them last week? He gets shut down and they lost because they struggled to pass the ball. Tannehill threw for only 165 yards and 1 TD. Why did the Ravens lose in the first round the last two years before this year? Maybe because Lamar Jackson struggled to throw the ball. A strong running game will only take you so far. A strong passing game is what can take you over the top.

I see you didn't even try to touch GB.

But no, you move along in Dec and play into January with a struntime. game. You will find yourself embarrassed having none. And Tannehill is not Rodgers, two different animals. Hearing Steve Smith say as much on NFLN about BUF was a "like duh" moment.

DD..look at Bienemy's rap sheet over the years..and you'll understand why teams are slow to hire him as head coach.
Women groups would be lining up to protest.

He wouldn't have such a HIGH PROFILE JOB NOW.

Women groups....

If i owned a team....he would not be the face of my franchise...But that's just me..i'm not into guys beating on women....EVER!!!

One thing is clear to me - IF McDaniel AND Canada are legitimate candidates (not just courtesy interviews for an internal hire), Flores has still not committed to what he wants his offense to look like.

Both offenses are pretty different, and would require different offseason plans in terms of personnel.
And I’ll make the same point again that I made before and after Miami hired Flores. I would have hired a head coach that was from the offensive side of the ball because that is the unit that needs the most continuity to have sustained success. If the head coach has his offensive philosophy set, it doesn’t matter much if he loses his offensive coordinator to another team. Flores is already on his third offensive coordinator in three years.

Pitts does look to be a better run blocker than Gesicki and I think you've got more to work with in pass pro too. In the 2 Florida games I saw I was surprised - not that he dominated but I expected him to be a liability in pass pro. Interested to hear what Gators fans on here think.

I know you can show anything on highlights packages but there's a couple of examples from 3 minutes 15 seconds.

its the frame more than anything that’s not a in line blocking tight end frame

flex hback a yard off the los etc maybe some off set backfield ask

but flex where he makes the money

Back
Top Bottom