Mike McDaniel | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike McDaniel

Actually it is. I point to GB as example 1. In the same year I then point to KC and the emergence of their run game. One was embarrassed the other won the SB.
GB didn’t get embarrassed by SF because they couldn’t run the ball. They got embarrassed because they could stop the run. They were soft up front all year long and it got exposed vs SF

The run game gets quite a bit easier when you have Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Patrick Mahomes.

Yes, balance is important. Especially as the calendar turns. But let’s not act like KC has committed a great deal of resources into that rushing attack. Their RB was Damien Williams and their OL isn’t a bunch of 1st round picks.

They pass to set up the run

They just spent their 1st round pick on a RUNNING BACK. And before Williams they had some guy named Kareem Hunt who looked every bit the clone of Hill at the time.

But yea, no investment in their run game. Nope, its a after thought.

Random Question, but is he related to Josh up in New England?

GB didn’t get embarrassed by SF because they couldn’t run the ball. They got embarrassed because they could stop the run. They were soft up front all year long and it got exposed vs SF
They also couldn't run the ball in that game, with both starting RBs accounting for 24 carries and 84 yards.

8 points. I understand the defense has to stop the run, but the offense has to do their part. They didn't and at times looked embarrassing.

I get the point of sustained but what’s carrying that Rams team right now and what they gonna hitch their wagon to for the rest of their playoff run?

we both know that answer and we both know they should

that ain’t no scheme doing the driving defense either
No doubt, defense can carry you for a season or two, but I believe if you want to contend over a long period of time you need the right QB in the right system ala Brees with Payton. Take a look at Josh Allen. He has been in the same offense for three years now. He took a big jump this year because they have been building and adding to a system he has now mastered.

Actually it is. I point to GB as example 1. In the same year I then point to KC and the emergence of their run game. One was embarrassed the other won the SB.
You can't do that. You can not pick and choose.
In last ten years, all the SB winners, how many teams have top five running to go along with top five passing?
If you look it up, I have more examples than yours.

You can't do that. You can not pick and choose.
In last ten years, all the SB winners, how many teams have top five running to go along with top five passing?
If you look it up, I have more examples than yours.

Sure can. And you are putting the TOP5 number into the discussion.

You have to be able to run the ball and stop the run in December and January.

I just don’t want it to become a crutch unless it shows it has to be and then I’m probably gonna take a bit of a pivot on tuas ceiling frankly.

as for gesicki what do you think he’s worth in trade? I don’t think it will happen but doesn’t hurt to spit ball it either.

I think friermuth might be that kinda guy he’s not as twitchy as kittle but he’s got an ideal frame for in line blocking development and can do damage in the pass game from in line and flexed.

I don’t even know what his injury was he went out for the season with though...

and I agree McDaniel does look to be the most interesting option. Most meat on tbe bone one

IMO Tua would do better if we added an Hback. Our blocking TEs are at the very least alright but none of our 3 TEs offer much in terms of YAC or getting open. Then we also got rid of Cox (thang god) and Flores when he first started stated once he would like to always carry a FB, IDK about FB but I feel Brevin Jordan in the late second would fit Tua and out current TEs best and also fill some of that FB ask.

We do already have a couple in-line guys in Shaheen and Smythe but no FB/HB or anyone who can get yac or get open.

Back
Top Bottom