Mike Mitchell really lays out what is wrong with the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mitchell really lays out what is wrong with the NFL

Just heard it on Big O's show. Extremely well said. Nailed every bit and piece. I don't disagree with a single thing he said. I have quite a few friends in the NFL and I can tell you this is how most players feel. This is actually a lighter side.

I'm sorry. I don't see anything about Mike Mitchell or what he said at the link.

Mike Mitchell with the speech of the year for the sports world.

How do you fix the NFL? Very complicated question and I'm sure the fix would have to be multiple things. You have extraordinary athletes that start training seriously at puberty. They are machines that are augmented through good diets, yes chemicals, and proven work out procedures. They are in fact lethal weapons, just like boxers. Every collision is like an auto accident. Yet for all the bodybuilding and muscle packing the brain is still only protected as it ever was. I think a big step would be going back to the old "pliable" helmets of yesteryear. Take away the weapon so the player doesn't lead with one of their most vulnerable body parts. Yes it would change the game, but you want to save it something radical is going to have to happen. Like I said, it would only be an initial change, more would have to happen. Offhand getting rid of Thursday night football would be a great start. Unfortunately to the owners the players are only meat.

He spoke his mind that's for sure. It is a complicated problem, how do you protect the players from themselves and still call it a contact sport. I've seen more flags thrown over the last couple year for basically nothing than when I started watching football as a kid. The game has changed no doubt especially with regards to head injuries, but has it changed for the overall better as far as the game of football as we know it?....that's the question.

Back
Top Bottom