Mike Nolan has his work cut out for him. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Nolan has his work cut out for him.

mfinsrule1

Rookie
Reaction score
Going in to this draft I felt we had to get starters (not just players, STARTERS) at NT, OLB (at least 1), and S. We needed backups at ILB, OLB, CB, S, and G. So far we have an undersized NT or a rotational DE in Odrick, hopefully a starting OLB in Misi, and maybe a starting guard in Jerry (I doubt it when at this point he is behind Incognito and maybe Smiley if he doesn't get traded). With all the picks we have left we have to get 2 starters at NT, and S and depth at OLB, CB, ILB, and S. There is no way this happens. Unless they are hoping to troll through other players cuts in August and September there is no way all these holes get filled with quality players.
New D Coordinator Nolan will earn his money with the guys that he will have available.
I still have confidence in this regime, we are definitely retooling, I love the fact we are getting so young, and it is amazing the turnaround that this team has undergone.

dolphins are changing there 3-4 defense in order to fit there players. Gonna be a mix of a 3-4 and 4-3. Thats why they picked up the dt, they been planning this new defense for weeks.

How is Odrick undersized at 305 lbs? Ferguson is 305 lbs as well. Koa Misi could possibly start at SOLB, but that is questionable right now. I think Wake and Anderson would be great as our two WOLBs. Nolan has a lot of guys to work with right now and he will get the job done. I think the FO is high on Soliai and the biggest hole we have is FS. I don't know what the FO has planned as far as that position goes, but I trust they have a plan.

This regime is about getting this team to be big and tough. We will draft and sign big guys in the trenches plain and simple. We want to be able to control the game up front on O and on D

nolan has so many versatile players with the fins, the defense is going to drive offenses crazy this year, wake=dumerville

Randy Starks moving to NT per Jeff Ireland. This actually makes me feel better because this guy was our best defensive player last year. He should be motivated in that if he has a good year could be up for a big payday. C'mon we need a safety now. Hopefully they go select 2-3 of them and some corners as well. Maybe they are gonna move to get Atogwe from Rams or Sharper? I'd be ok either way.

Randy Starks is Awesome

Randy Starks at NT? That would be interesting,do you have a link?

Misi and Odrick on the same side to help eachother out is gonna be my guess. Along with Dansby, Dobbins, Wake and hopefully Crowder, our pass rush is gonna be awesome. Lets see a QB get enough time to throw the ball now

Just looking at our possible depth chart at D, we could very well use a very Blitz heavy 4-4 scheme with a hell of alot of stunts more often

Back
Top Bottom