Mike Pennel - Surprise Patriots Cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Dolphins should jump on this faster than the speed of light.
He’s a big, solid, dependable run-stuffing defensive tackle who didn’t miss a game for the Jets the last couple of years and has 69 career games. He was only guaranteed his $500,000 signing bonus. He is a great fit for a team that looks to be transitioning to a base 3-4 and is looking for a rotation of 2-gapping DTs to plug holes.

On February 19, 2016, Pennel was suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season due to violating the league's substance abuse policy.[5] Pennel was then suspended for the final four games of the 2016 season for again violating the league's substance abuse policy.[6] In 8 games of 2016, Pennel finished with seven tackles and a pass defended.

On March 16, 2018, Pennel signed a three-year contract with the Jets.[10]
On February 19, 2019, the Jets declined the option on Pennel's contract, making him a free agent at the start of the new league year

On March 14, 2019, Pennel signed a two-year contract with the New England Patriots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pennel

I'll pass

I would sign him for a year. Especially since we don’t know what is up with Vincent Taylor

The one position I dont think you'll see us go after on waivers is DT.

Chambers
Is Vincent Taylor still in the long range plans?
Who are they looking at dt to make the final roster?

Dolphins should jump on this faster than the speed of light.
He’s a big, solid, dependable run-stuffing defensive tackle who didn’t miss a game for the Jets the last couple of years and has 69 career games. He was only guaranteed his $500,000 signing bonus. He is a great fit for a team that looks to be transitioning to a base 3-4 and is looking for a rotation of 2-gapping DTs to plug holes.

We’re pretty deep at DT....is he better than what we have?

Chambers
Is Vincent Taylor still in the long range plans?
Who are they looking at dt to make the final roster?

I hope the new staff is patient with Taylor. He can give good penetration and pass rush from inside, which is one of the hardest things to find.

When Taylor went down against Houston last year, the defence couldn't do a thing in that game after that. He was solid all year. I hope he is in there long term plans.

Taylor is just not healthy right now. He could start the year on IR and come back after game 6. He should not be cut.

Back
Top Bottom