Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

My only concern is will he give Suh the silent treatment like he did to Haynesworth?

Can we please stop with this?

Albert Haynesworth was a turd who got paid and then QUIT. He showed up so fat he couldn't even pass a conditioning test that long-retired (and out of shape) Mike Golic went and completed without any real effort at all. Numerous players from that Redskins team went to bat for their coach over that, and even years later some of them (like Chris Cooley) are still bashing Haynesworth every time he opens his trap.

This was not a case of a coach being a jerk or trying to show his players who was boss. This was a case of a coach being saddled with one of those rare players who played for a contract and then quit to the point that he was basically TRYING to get cut so that he could collect his guaranteed money and go home. Remember when they played the Eagles and Haynesworth was just lying on the floor doing nothing for an entire play while Mike Vick scrambled back and forth for like 30 seconds?

Suh is known for his incredible work ethic. He plays hard and wants to win. This is NOT going to be an issue.

Here is why Shanahan would be a good hire IMO...

>He'd command respect and is a leader
>Ryan & Lamar are great fits for his scheme
>The OL would not need as much fixing
>low tolerance for nonsense....Bullygate would have been nipped in the bud and no antics form Miko or Mike Wallace.
> Most importantly to me, he is adaptable and a strategist

Here is why Shanahan would be a good hire IMO...

>He'd command respect and is a leader
>Ryan & Lamar are great fits for his scheme
>The OL would not need as much fixing
>low tolerance for nonsense....Bullygate would have been nipped in the bud and no antics form Miko or Mike Wallace.
> Most importantly to me, he is adaptable and a strategist

The O-line needs a lot of fixing no matter who comes in here. Any O-line that has Dallas Thomas as a starter and your best option as the LT is a freakin mess. Not only do we need starters but we need depth.

the eagles team is much better than ours imo

What's funny is I live just north of Philly and listening to the Philly radio 3/4 of what is said about the Eagles is said here about the Dolphins. Here is what Eagles fans say:

- They don't have a QB in place and likely will be forced into resigning Bradford at way too expensive of a price because no one else is available and the Eagles pick too late to try and get a QB in the draft.
- They have a questionable offensive line, LT old and gets injured, C disappears at times although shows signs of being all-pro as well, solid young RT, both G's stink.
- DL is solid, LB's don't make enough plays and the CB's need to be upgraded
- Front office structure is a mess, fans believe no coach wants to work with the owners guy (Roseman) because he is a numbers guy and not a football guy. They tried giving all the power to Chip and that failed so it's likely back to the old structure.
- The owner is seen by the fanbase as weak.

The one area Miami really has an advantage is WR, Philly has Matthews who isn't as good as Landry but still decent. Behind him they have Agholor who looked lost this year, the racist Riley Cooper and Josh Huff who is a Chip guy.

Can we please stop with this?

Albert Haynesworth was a turd who got paid and then QUIT. He showed up so fat he couldn't even pass a conditioning test that long-retired (and out of shape) Mike Golic went and completed without any real effort at all. Numerous players from that Redskins team went to bat for their coach over that, and even years later some of them (like Chris Cooley) are still bashing Haynesworth every time he opens his trap.

This was not a case of a coach being a jerk or trying to show his players who was boss. This was a case of a coach being saddled with one of those rare players who played for a contract and then quit to the point that he was basically TRYING to get cut so that he could collect his guaranteed money and go home. Remember when they played the Eagles and Haynesworth was just lying on the floor doing nothing for an entire play while Mike Vick scrambled back and forth for like 30 seconds?

Suh is known for his incredible work ethic. He plays hard and wants to win. This is NOT going to be an issue.

[video=youtube;XFzp3uHua40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40[/video]

haynesworthgifw295h231crop1-1.jpg

Lavar Arrington said he was doing the worm. Couldn't stop laughing.

The thing about Suh is he played really well most of the year, granted it may not have shown up do to how bad the team was and the fact that Mitchell could be handled one on one so Suh saw doubles almost evert play.

He's one of the last players I worry about not giving effort.

While Tannenbaum MIGHT be looking for someone he can control, which I am highly skeptical of, he has also put the entire success of the organization in his own lap. I'm sure he has told Ross, "trust me and I will fix this mess." If this coaching hire fails he will be the one, and the only one, everyone points their finger at--especially Ross. If he fails to do what he is saying then he will most certainly kill his own career. For that reason I highly doubt he will only look at puppets he can control. Not buying that at all. Successful head coaches are ALL big ego guys, name one who isn't, and they will all run away from this opportunity if they think this is the case. Plus, if he is willing to give some of these coaches more control over the draft and FA, which he has already suggested, then he is also insulating himself if things go wrong. He needs a CYA. Ross also has a lot of input in this decision too and if, as reported, he has already met privately with Shanahan and Coughlin's agent, then it is clear Ross is leaning heavily to a big name, experienced coach. From that reasoning, I think it's highly likely that we can eliminate every candidate who has never coached before, which leaves Shanahan, Payton, Coughlin, Jackson, Smith, Mangini, McDaniels (might be missing a couple) and the guys who coached in college, like Shula or a guy like Urban Meyer. IMHO they will not hire another inexperienced coordinator, with the only exception being Dan Campbell. I can see a couple scenarios where they might keep him, but highly doubtful right now. At the end of the day it's still Ross's decision, but I'm still guessing it will be Mike Shanahan. Watch what they do not what they say.

Exactly. just cuz Tannenbaum is V.P. doesn't mean he has nothing to lose. He was hired to ensure success for the franchise. If he hires someone astronomically bad, and if Grier blows it too, he may only get one more chance to hire people, or none at all.

Exactly. just cuz Tannenbaum is V.P. doesn't mean he has nothing to lose. He was hired to ensure success for the franchise. If he hires someone astronomically bad, and if Grier blows it too, he may only get one more chance to hire people, or none at all.

We're talking about a guy that hired Eric Mangini. He's very capable of hiring someone astronomically bad.

The O-line needs a lot of fixing no matter who comes in here. Any O-line that has Dallas Thomas as a starter and your best option as the LT is a freakin mess. Not only do we need starters but we need depth.

Luckily finding late round gems and turning them into decent linemen is one of Shanny's talents. The FO could sign a starting G and one MLB/CB, go heaving on defense in the first few rounds and find depth/possible starters for the oline in later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom