Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

This is Ross we're talking about. He'll probably let this dip**** hire two or three failures before he fires him.

I think it depends on how bad it gets. If the problems are clearly coaching after the next 3 years, he'll probably get a pass, but if the roster is also poorer than the rest of the division, he won't really have a leg to stand on. I think Ross will definitely look elsewhere in that scenario, he's been burned too many times by hanging on to failures.

We're talking about a guy that hired Eric Mangini. He's very capable of hiring someone astronomically bad.

He will. He won't hire the guy on purpose but I'm just pointing out he's capable of making a really bad hire.

I agree. I do think a lot more is at stake this time and the biggest difference is that Ross has turned the entire process over to him. No more asking the office cleaning lady who she would draft. The entire organization was a cluster-you-know-what. One decision maker and one head guy limits the mistakes IMHO. I do think Parcells, Marino, Garfinkle and a couple others are in his circle to bounce ideas off of. Still think at the end of the day it will be Shanahan. Just too obvious a choice right now.

T Bomb screwed it all up!!! If Shanahan was the man you don't let him leave the building.
Jackson is the man I guess. I'm ok with that too but I wanted Shanahan.
I have no proof of this just my hunch.

T Bomb screwed it all up!!! If Shanahan was the man you don't let him leave the building.
Jackson is the man I guess. I'm ok with that too but I wanted Shanahan.
I have no proof of this just my hunch.

If Shanahan is who they want they still have to satisfy the Rooney rule which was not done until later today. Plus I think they still hold interviews regardless of what was said to Shanahan.

Bs...if shannahan left he's not coming back imo

Ozzy rules

If Shanahan is who they want they still have to satisfy the Rooney rule which was not done until later today. Plus I think they still hold interviews regardless of what was said to Shanahan.

Just my point. You interview Teryl Austin 1st thing in the morning and have dinner with Shanahan. You don't allow for Shanahan to go the 49ers a org that he once worked for and they have a mutual interest, IF HE'S YOURV GUY

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 36s37 seconds ago
Matt Maiocco Retweeted Dianna Marie Russini
#49ers Jed York is traveling to New York for owners meetings. Trent Baalke is believed to be remaining in Bay Area. Matt Maiocco added,
Dianna Marie Russini @diannaESPN
I'm told the meeting set up in New York between Mike Shanahan & the 49ers is on hold for now. Talk between the two continues over the phone

Just my point. You interview Teryl Austin 1st thing in the morning and have dinner with Shanahan. You don't allow for Shanahan to go the 49ers a org that he once worked for and they have a mutual interest, IF HE'S YOURV GUY
The NFL is like a big high school.. Everyone knows everyone, everyone has a group of friends. Sometimes you go and. Meet with some friends just to not burn any bridges. Hopefully we weren't the "just incase" interview. But I'm not sure Shannahan wants to coach against Brady and belicheck for Brady's last 4,5 years. Someone younger is what I think. Unless the coach really believes in Tannehill

I still put the odds of shanahan working with tannebaum at next to nil

Or perhaps the fact that Tannenbaum is giving serious consideration to Shanahan should alleviate concerns that Tannenbaum's agenda is solely to amass power. Conversely, if Shanahan is ultimately not hired, then I will choose to believe that a better candidate was chosen, as opposed to having "settled" because Tannenbaum refused to relinquish some authority.

Shanahan is not afraid to coach against anyone

Given the choice of working for York or Ross

I think Ross wins 100% of the time

Baalke and T-bomb is the same scenario IMHO.

Baalke and York make Ross and T-bomb look like Presidents etched in Mount Rushmore

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
Dolphins announce completed interviews with Mike Shanahan and Teryl Austin.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
Dolphins announce completed interviews with Mike Shanahan and Teryl Austin.

So give it a few more days and announce Shanny and the Dolphins have agreed in principle, just need to work out the $ details.

Would like that very much.

All the other interviews are for inside info before they get scattered to the wind.

Shanny is really a no brainer.

Some say T-baum will not give up control but generally speaking someone with a huge ego fears falling down again more the anything else, so I can see T-Baum giving ground.

Back
Top Bottom