Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

Shanahan would absolutely fix this O-line. When it comes to O-line and RBs I don't think anyone comes close to finding the gems Shanahan has found over his career...and he's found many of them late in the draft too.

Could it be with this second meeting/interview that Mike Shanahan had laid some ground rules in order for him to take the HC job? Maybe this is what Tannenbaum meant when he said he was willing to relinquish some personnel power for the right coach.

Unfortunately, we cannot hire Shanahan until we interview a minority candidate...Hue Jackson maybe!?

I'm shocked he's willing to consider it under this structure

really shocked

I would venture a guess that based on Shanahan's past history of demanding control of the roster, that if he were to be hired, he would have a large degree of input written into his contract.

I think Shanahan would be given power over Grier when it comes to roster decsions, scouting and draft would be Griers department.

Could it be with this second meeting/interview that Mike Shanahan had laid some ground rules in order for him to take the HC job? Maybe this is what Tannenbaum meant when he said he was willing to relinquish some personnel power for the right coach.

Unfortunately, we cannot hire Shanahan until we interview a minority candidate...Hue Jackson maybe!?

Austin coming on Tuesday

If I had to put money on a candidate at this point I would put it on Shanahan, the writing is pretty much on the wall. Ross wants a big name "motivator" and with the GM move it seems clear our future coach will have final say on personnel. Shanahan fits. I say he's named head coach by the end of the week.

It will take longer than that.

We're interviewing one early this week...

Is McDaniels considering being a head coach again ? Is there any talk of that ?

The talk here in Boston is that McDaniels has been told by Belichick to be very selective in his next choice of jobs and to make sure it is a an organization that has an excellent front office in place with no shenanigans. Sports Illustrated also recently wrote that McDaniels will not even consider teams with dysfunctional front offices. If true, that would eliminate teams like the Dolphins and the Browns.

I'm shocked he's willing to consider it under this structure

really shocked

Mike would have to be the most flexible with this type of quality candidate, he is the only one out their that totally dererves it, if Mike doesn't shame on him. If he is coming back for a 2nd interview prob. Already discussed.

Back
Top Bottom