Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

I really hope Shanahan isn't using the Dolphins as leverage for a better deal in SF or elsewhere... How many times could Ross get used like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope Shanahan isn't using the Dolphins as leverage for a better deal in SF or elsewhere... How many times could Ross get used like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that this is second interview I don't think that is what is happening. It crossed my mind too.

Could it be with this second meeting/interview that Mike Shanahan had laid some ground rules in order for him to take the HC job? Maybe this is what Tannenbaum meant when he said he was willing to relinquish some personnel power for the right coach.

Unfortunately, we cannot hire Shanahan until we interview a minority candidate...Hue Jackson maybe!?

Teryl Austin is a minority coach. However, I don't think Shanahan is a slam dunk yet and as much as I'd like for Miami to hire Shanahan I do think Austin has the potential to be a solid hire as well. Austin was with Baltimore for a few years before taking the DC job in Detroit. He's been part of a very successful organization and coaching staff in Baltimore and he's done a really impressive job in Detroit even after losing some key pieces to the defense.

Shanahan probably has the inside track on this though. If he interviewed December 22nd then he's had 2 weeks to evaluate the team, pinpoint what he would change and how to go about changing it, probably have a very good idea of who he would hire on staff and he may have even started evaluating draft picks specifically for the Dolphins. No other candidates probably have all of that in place at this point.

Please make this happen. This is the only hire that will instantly bring back some credibility to this franchise. He will build a top staff, a staff that will know how to utilize the talent that actually does exist in many places on this roster. Ross has to understand after Cameron, Sparano, and Philbin that this is what is needed.

Please make this happen. This is the only hire that will instantly bring back some credibility to this franchise. He will build a top staff, a staff that will know how to utilize the talent that actually does exist in many places on this roster. Ross has to understand after Cameron, Sparano, and Philbin that this is what is needed.
No doubt about it.

Solid staff, but Kyle is under contract by the Falcons.

He could leave Atlanta for a step up just not lateral or down (I believe)

Not sure if the title Assistant Head Coach / OC would do if that is the case.

Hire Shanahan make Campbell Assistant headcoach he can learn and help. I worry about Shanahan's age.

Back
Top Bottom