Mike Tannenbaum And Chris Grier Address The Media Prior To The 2018 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Tannenbaum And Chris Grier Address The Media Prior To The 2018 Draft

Post is up for almost an hour and no replies!

What, nobody cares what they have to say?

LOL!!!!

Actions speak louder than words and TB's actions in the past drown out anything he has to say.

"Ryan Tannehill is our quarterback. We feel good about Ryan; we're excited to have him back. For us, you've heard this before - competition. We love to draft at every position, it doesn't matter who it is. So for us, if we can can come out and find one, yes, but we're not going to reach or overextend for something."

"TEs is a deep group this year.".. Wait is this the conference from last year?

Also, almost 10 minutes in and Tbaum has spoken 2 times for like 30 seconds, in both instances he wasnt even asked anything, just jumped in and dropped his wonderfulness...

the one thing we got from that is the question was asked about BPA vs NEED
Grier said that they go hand in hand when they build their board

Tbaum's face when Omar mentions he's known to be an active trader...

U_zV1V.gif

They appear confident in what will be available in the 1st and trade down possibilities.

TE in the 2nd round is a foregone conclusion. It's just a matter of which one and what spot. It's possible the grades are almost dead even on some of these guys that it might cause one of three moves.

1. If a TE goes at the end of the first, pressure will mount to move up for one.

2. They bide their time and as picks 36-39 roll in they know they will get one they like.

3. No TE's drafted by pick 42, they think they can move down a few spots and snag a 4th? Risky with New England at 43 and Gronk's future in doubt. Although it appears obvious dude is going to move on after 2018, when Crybaby retires.

OL is what throws a huge wrench into any plans.

They run the card up if Quenton Nelson is there at 11. I don't doubt that for a second.
A guy like Billy Price could change their plan for a TE completely if he's there at 42.
I don't think any OT will tempt them early on.

Also, almost 10 minutes in and Tbaum has spoken 2 times for like 30 seconds, in both instances he wasnt even asked anything, just jumped in and dropped his wonderfulness...

:laugh

TBums existence in Dolphinland is obviously gratuitous...

I did find it interesting that they said they wouldn't really start evaluating scenarios until they see how the draft falls about 3-5 spots ahead of #11. Hints that they have no intention of trading up more that a few spots if someone is there that they really like. Also, hinted that there were a lot of good linebackers in the later rounds, maybe a double up with LB's or not needing a first or second rounder at that position. Just hints and reading between the lines, nothing more.

Tbaum's face when Omar mentions he's known to be an active trader...

U_zV1V.gif

I thought the reaction on his face was really funny when I first saw this myself.

Classic man, nice ninja skills on that GIF!

Back
Top Bottom