Mike Tyson is a coward | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Tyson is a coward

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
Not the he matters anymore, but I find it pretty ironic that the once "baddest man on the planet" has been reduced to cowardly quitter. Tyson obviously is no where remotely close to the fighter he once was, but there is no way the guy he fought last night (McBride) should have even been a challenge for him. Something is in Tyson's head that has turned him into a spineless wimp. If he doesn't immediately hurt someone or knock them out, he just gives up.
It's sickening to watch. I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Well, at least he didn't bite off half his ear.

Just curious, did you see the fight??

Whoever saw the fight can they describe it in nice detail because I missed it but I heard Tyson was alright just people put him down because of they hype he had on him at this fight.

To make a long story short, when Jim Gray asked him why he didn't do his prefight hype-up routine (sprinting around the ring or soemthing). Tyson said "Ei Juss dident find it in mi heart."

He didn't quit, he retired.

Ricky on the other hand didn't retire, he quit... :D

Yeah Tyson's heart is not in the ring. He didn't do the right thing by not finishing the fight (a fight he may have won but probably not after the 2 point deduction) but he did the right thing hanging his gloves up. It wasn't Tyson wanting to fight, it was his people like Shelly Finkel pushing him to get back in the ring to make up his debt. Tyson doesn't want to fight anymore and honestly, he seems at peace with himself. I wish him the best and I will respect what he brought to the sport forever. Mike Tyson wasn't always like this, so I'll choose to remember him as "the baddest man on the planet!"

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Yeah Tyson's heart is not in the ring. He didn't do the right thing by not finishing the fight (a fight he may have won but probably not after the 2 point deduction) but he did the right thing hanging his gloves up. It wasn't Tyson wanting to fight, it was his people like Shelly Finkel pushing him to get back in the ring to make up his debt. Tyson doesn't want to fight anymore and honestly, he seems at peace with himself. I wish him the best and I will respect what he brought to the sport forever. Mike Tyson wasn't always like this, so I'll choose to remember him as "the baddest man on the planet!"

well said. i agree.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Yea ditto, good post.

I think that was like the greatest thing I ever heard about Tyson

bobdroopy said:
Just curious, did you see the fight??

Yeah. I saw it. Tyson throws a few bombs. When they missed, you could see discouragement mounting with each bomb. With a little patience and a few jabs, he would/ could/ should have laid McBride out. Tyson simply has lost any remnants of confidence. It's a damn shame too. I really thought, with the weakness in the heavy weight division, he truly had a chance to get back into the thick of things. He just plain QUIT

wazzy said:
Whoever saw the fight can they describe it in nice detail because I missed it but I heard Tyson was alright just people put him down because of they hype he had on him at this fight.

read the other tyson thread, people were giving breakdowns of the rounds as they happened

Back
Top Bottom