Mike Wallace vows to be leader for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace vows to be leader for Dolphins

Geforce

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Buried deep beneath the Dolphins' offseason chatter about big acquisitions and big expectations was the voice of wide receiver Mike Wallace vowing to become a team leader.

Wallace, regarded as the best free agent on the market this offseason, understands his status as a fifth-year veteran, as well as a guy who signed a five-year, $60 million contract, means he has to do more.

He also understands the re-tooled Dolphins are searching for leaders.

"I just have to lead more, lead by example more, not just go out and think I can just play my game and that'll be all I need to do," said Wallace, who totaled 4,042 receiving yards and 32 touchdowns in his four seasons with Pittsburgh.

"Out there [in Pittsburgh] we had so many great leaders that I really didn't have to say too much, I really didn't have to do too much, just go out and do my job.

"But here, I have to do my job and motivate at the same time."
Read the rest here.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...llace-0715-20130714,0,2486770.story?track=rss

Being a leader will be new for Wallace. I hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself in trying to be something he is not used to being.

he just needs to stop tweeting. did he tweet like Roddy and Cruz about Zimmerman?

you dont really need to be vocal to be a leader. leave that to the coaches and Tanny. If wallace goes out there, works hard in practice, plays hard on every down and doesn't become the next TO, then people will follow his lead. He doesnt even need to say a word.

Just do not be a moron like Marshall. Please.

Lead us to 1,100+ yards, 10+ TDs, stay out of major trouble and you'll be doing just fine Mike.

I love this by Wallace. I think Pitts as a team and individually are in the "eilte", if you will, when it come to the leadership department. From Owner on down. I love that Wallace is trying to bring that type of culture here.

Last edited by a moderator:
did he ever issue an apology?

Yes he did, so do we need to rehash it every time there is news or a story about him? This is an article about him wanting to be a team leader and you immediately jump to the homophobic comment he made back in April. Come on Bill, you usually don't stoop to that kind of level.

What I think people overlook, is that while people make mistakes, Leaders should think about how their actions will be perceived. Wallace certainly can learn a grow as a leader, and I daresay 99.99 percent of us will forgive and forget on the first dynamic play he makes this season, it's a situation that he never should've had to apologize for.

Yes he did, so do we need to rehash it every time there is news or a story about him? This is an article about him wanting to be a team leader and you immediately jump to the homophobic comment he made back in April. Come on Bill, you usually don't stoop to that kind of level.

if it had just been Mike Wallace making a comment in april, that's one thing, but you add in the Ellerbe twitter fight and the wonder twins, and all the sudden the leaders of our team look like they don't understand that as leaders and role models they should be above reproach. It's like... being late to a team meeting twice, philbin is likely to toss you. Why are these guys all making similar mistakes about letting their actions and poor decisions make the news? In an offseason where the management is doing everything right, why are we still getting attention? because of our young leaders making poor decisions with their words, and choices in hats. (and before anyone says anything, all three were clearly chosen to represent "it's Our time" in the uniform unvealing, meaning... these are the perceived building blocks of our future.)

What I think people overlook, is that while people make mistakes, Leaders should think about how their actions will be perceived. Wallace certainly can learn a grow as a leader, and I daresay 99.99 percent of us will forgive and forget on the first dynamic play he makes this season, it's a situation that he never should've had to apologize for.

I agree, as a public figure he should never have put himself in a position like that where an apology is necessary. It is a problem a lot of athletes are dealing with and the invention of Twitter did not help things.

Do you consider Adrian Peterson a leader?

Back
Top Bottom