Mike Williams Considered Top Prospect | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams Considered Top Prospect

knight6jb said:
:roflmao:

Ya I am dreading making mine its gonna be hard and gonna make me look like a fool once the draft is here.
well as Boomer said... If it is a toss up for the 49ers between Smith and Rodgers then a lot of stuff can happen.

If Smith goes #1 then IMO Rodgers will slide, but someone could take him.

If Rodgers goes #1, then Smith could go #2, #3, #5 or #8.

I havent got a clue what we are doing... I kinda think we'll draft Smith, Edwards or Mike Williams if we stay at #2... but I think we can trade down with the Buccs and get either Ronnie, Cadillac or Mike Williams.

Mike Williams is starting to move up because people are realizing that in 2 seasons he has @ 175 catches for 2500yds and 30TDs, all while running at 4.6 speed. He did this as a freshman and sophmore which makes it even more impressive. He could have run a 4.8 at his workout and I'd still want him at #2 becuase when it comes gametime he flat out gets it done. He is the most talented player in this years draft, IMO and I'm glad he's getting the respect he deserves.

Mark my words....he will make every single team that passes on him sorry. I hope it isn't us.

Boomer said:
I am utterly confused by this draft. I look at doing mocks but then rip it up at pick 1. On the one hand I'm told Alex Smith is the 49ers guy, then Aaron Rodgers gets a glowing report from Mike Nolan. The whole world has us taking Ronnie Brown, but never in the world has Linehan ever run a ball control offense. That's not his style. Thus it makes Edwards, Carnell Williams and Mike Williams more likely, no? I don't know.

At three, will Cleveland go corner, will they go QB, WR? Who knows? Chicago....WR or RB? Tampa could go WR or TB and it has the hometown boy in Mike Williams potentially there. But it might be Caddy but not Benson and then Gruden comes out and says he has a decision to make if Alex Smith is there at 5 and there are Chris Simms trade rumours that just won't die, especially to Cleveland. Then Tennessee needs a WR and Mike Williams might be there especially considering Norm Chow but then Floyd Reese and Jeff Fisher come out and say that the T situation is so bad that they don't want to play Brad Hopkins a $6 million bonus and they hoped Jacob Bell could play RT, but are not sure and they talk up Barron and talk about shifting down and getting him or Barnes.

And then there's the Vikings who would take either Edwards or Williams but who are considering Troy Williamson. Then Arizona. Will they deal for Travis Henry? Will they take Benson? Will they try and get into the QB derby? Do they think that 1 QB will fall this far? In a great year for corners, do they wait to the 2nd and get a guy who would be a 1st in other years - Marlin Jackson, Stanley Wilson maybe, Corey Webster, Eric Green, Bryant McFadden, etc? Or do they go CB at 8?

The Redskins? CB, WR, LB? Who the hell knows.

Detroit? Shawne Merriman or Thomas Davis? But then Davis is high at 10. Then you hear that the Lions won't let David Pollack go past that pick no matter what. Pollock is on the rise, but would the Lions get him at 10 or try an shift? And Dallas at 11. Best CB? Merriman would seem the perfect fit, Williamson? Will they get into the QB derby?????

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH.

The worst thing is....I don't think ANYONE actually knows. SERIOUSLY. The draft isn't top heavy and you could get players going off the board in odd spots with lots of trades in the 7-25 area.

It's utterly frustrating.
There's Boomer's post that I was talking about.

bfishusi said:
That was my point. You would think that a draft "expert" with access to all of this game tape, inside info, ect. would have a set opinion at this point on who the best player is. I guess it just goes to show that with this draft, we are as close to experts as anyone. :)

Experts in my opinion are very overrated. Its just a word to make them look better than they actually are. Also overpayed IMO. But dont get me wrong I love to listen to him come draft day!..lol. I have my board all made up, and really havent changed. I was pondering between Benson and DJ for the whole time, but now Mike Williams looks nice to(If were going bpa). Anyway, Im just glad we dont have to wait forever to hear who we actually pick.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Mike Williams is starting to move up because people are realizing that in 2 seasons he has @ 175 catches for 2500yds and 30TDs, all while running at 4.6 speed. He did this as a freshman and sophmore which makes it even more impressive. He could have run a 4.8 at his workout and I'd still want him at #2 becuase when it comes gametime he flat out gets it done. He is the most talented player in this years draft, IMO and I'm glad he's getting the respect he deserves.

Mark my words....he will make every single team that passes on him sorry. I hope it isn't us.
I've had Mike Williams stuck in my sig for the last 2 months... I will love it if we draft him!!!

Cartwheels and summersaults do not describe how happy I'll be if Taglibue gets the words Miami - selects - Mike - USC in the same sentence.

finsnchips said:
I've had Mike Williams stuck in my sig for the last 2 months... I will love it if we draft him!!!

Cartwheels and summersaults do not describe how happy I'll be if Taglibue gets the words Miami - selects - Mike - USC in the same sentence.

I know bro. I've been hoping for the same thing. I was telling my boy yesterday that if I hear those words, I might get stuck in the celing like that Pepsi commercial. I'm 6'3 so it's not completely impossible..lol.

knight6jb said:
I couldnt tell ya, after watching and reviewing films of the RB. I picked who I wanted and have not changed my mind. I almost fell into the combine mess when Ronnie supposidly ran 4.3, but I have been one of the leaders for the Caddy bandwagon all along. I do realize most of us fans do, b/c its not our jobs to breakdown film and stuff of these guys, but this is Kipers job, he should know who the best players are right after the season but watching/studying film and it shouldnt change based on workouts, but he continues to change his mind over and over every year. And that is why I dont like listening to those guys cuz they honestly dont know anything more then some of us. I'll do my own studying and make my own decsion.

i wish i could do that. Imagine how I feel..
in fact i believe more about what u guys say than what most os these football analists say

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I know bro. I've been hoping for the same thing. I was telling my boy yesterday that if I hear those words, I might get stuck in the celing like that Pepsi commercial. I'm 6'3 so it's not completely impossible..lol.
i'm 6'5 so yeah... my mum won't be impressed with a hole in the ceiling.

BrazForPhins said:
i wish i could do that. Imagine how I feel..
in fact i believe more about what u guys say than what most os these football analists say
you do get drawn in... I'm a lot more open to the idea of drafting Edwards than I was a week ago.

But I've stuck by Mike, and hope he becomes a Fin.

Now that I think about it I don't care who we draft as long as it is Williams or Edwards. They are both impressive and can make an immediate IMPACT.

For you Mike Williams fans, You should see a big just onto your bandwagon now that the so called experts are talking him up and he is moving up their boards. I have stated it before....Caddy is my first choice, next would probably be Brown or Benson, I cant choose between them. Followed by Mike Williams I would honestly want Mike before Brown/Benson, but with the pressing need of a RB(at least in my mind) I think we are going RB. After those 4 players I do not know, Im not sold on Braylon and I dont wanna draft a QB in the first. As long as we get one of those 4 I will be more than happy, but if we get Caddy I will be through the roof like you guys!!

finsnchips said:

I have been pulled to the dark side. I now have turned from deadset on taking a RB to voting for Williams/Edwards. Of the two I think I am leaning towards Williams.

HAHAHAHA -- we make fun of these big dawgs changing their mind so much that it makes us crazy...

I like Williams if we go WR. He seems to have the aura of a star like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. I just don't see it with Braylon. I will, however, stand by whatever the decision is because I don't know these guys for ****.

I don't really care what direction we go -- I just can't wait to see this infusion of first round talent on our team.

Back
Top Bottom