Mike Williams Considered Top Prospect | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams Considered Top Prospect

finsnchips said:
you do get drawn in... I'm a lot more open to the idea of drafting Edwards than I was a week ago.

But I've stuck by Mike, and hope he becomes a Fin.

it's funny, so I am a lot more open to the idea of drafting any of the top WR 's or RB's than I was a month ago. From what I've heard brown would be my choice, though now i'd rather mike or braylon...but one of the RB´s would be ok too
Honestly, i would like saban to trade down a few spots just to be in position of "we have to grab the best WR,RB, or even QB prospect left" and not wonder: is this the right option?

BrazForPhins said:
it's funny, so I am a lot more open to the idea of drafting any of the top WR 's or RB's than I was a month ago. From what I've heard brown would be my choice, though now i'd rather mike or braylon...but one of the RB´s would be ok too
Honestly, i would like saban to trade down a few spots just to be in position of "we have to grab the best WR,RB, or even QB prospect left" and not wonder: is this the right option?
yeah... thats y I'd love us to trade down with Tampa. Both QBs, Benson and Braylon 'should' be off the board, so that leaves us with Cadillac, Ronnie and Mike Williams, who I all like.

finsnchips said:
yeah... thats y I'd love us to trade down with Tampa. Both QBs, Benson and Braylon 'should' be off the board, so that leaves us with Cadillac, Ronnie and Mike Williams, who I all like.

Who would u have going where if we trade down with Tampa?

knight6jb said:
Who would u have going where if we trade down with Tampa?
1) SF - Smith
2) TB - Rodgers
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Chicago - Benson
5) Miami...

I think that's how it'd go down, it'd leave us with the three guys I most like out of the 'big 7' - Mike Williams, Cadillac, Ronnie.

finsnchips said:
1) SF - Smith
2) TB - Rodgers
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Chicago - Benson
5) Miami...

I think that's how it'd go down, it'd leave us with the three guys I most like out of the 'big 7' - Mike Williams, Cadillac, Ronnie.

Thatd be awesome.....I am an obvious Caddy fan with Mike Williams #2 on my big board. Brown/Benson are next. I like the odds we get Caddy or Mike!!!

BrazForPhins said:
what do u like more in mike?
Mike over Braylon??

Firstly, size. I know fans of Edwards will come and say that Braylon is only an inch shorter and around 8lbs lighter... but Mike Williams is so thick, he has a very mature body, much like Ronnie Brown. That gives him a huge advantage.

Hands. Mike Williams WILL catch eveything thrown his way and that is what AJ really needs. His hands are like velcro. Braylon has made some spectacular catches but he does seem to struggle going down to makes catches, and I've seen him drop a fair few that have hit him right between the numbers.

Speed... Braylon definitely has the edge, but... The 40 is overated, 0.15 seconds is the difference, apparently that 0.15 seconds makes Edwards quick and Mike Williams slow, hmm... It doesn't matter because if our Oline doesn't improve then Feeley will be sacked by the time that Edwards gets downfield.

Effectiveness. Mike is a legit #1 WR, he needs to be double covered. That is going to leave either Booker, Randy or CC in single coverage... if they double team all of them then that leaves 3 guys up against our Oline and RB. Mike Williams will open up our offense so much its scary. Braylon would have a similar effect, but I can see Mike really screwing with a D.

On top of that there are little minor things... he's a local boy, a winner - national champion. Has proven that he can work hard, he hasn't played football for a year but has got faster and kept his weight under control.

Basically... he can jump over every DB in the league and will catch everything thrown his way. I've seen a lot of negative comparisons to Keyshawn, but look at the numbers that Keyshawn has put up, and I think Mike's will be even better.

interesting, I'm kinda undecided about the two, cause u hear a lot of upsides and downsides about both...personally I'm happy with either, i think a stud WR with a RB drafted later will make our offense scary :cooldude:

What do the experts know that we don't. They are not talking to Saban or his associates. How do they know that the fins are a lock for Brown. I can just picture Kiper scratching his head at the draft table. How many times during the draft will Kiper say a player is "In the mix". I can't wait until draft day.

Ok, i have officially made my decision.......this will not change leading up to draft day! (i think)

I want Mike Williams baby!

Williams.....McMichael......Booker......Chambers.....Boston?

TheBostonBomber said:
Ok, i have officially made my decision.......this will not change leading up to draft day! (i think)

I want Mike Williams baby!

Williams.....McMichael......Booker......Chambers.....Boston?
:lol: did you want a spread offense? because that is it. Even without Boston that is awesome.

finsnchips said:
:lol: did you want a spread offense? because that is it. Even without Boston that is awesome.

I wouldn't mind throwin some spread into our offense schemes every now and then........I almost forget what one looks like as a result of you know who.

Back
Top Bottom