Mike Williams: The Sleeper At 2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams: The Sleeper At 2?

Ghetti13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This is going to be a new era in Miami Dolphins football. No more of the "Lets keep it close and win it in the end." That simply does not work. It merely puts you in just as good a position to lose the game as to win it. Miami will score points, or at the very least make an attempt to score points.

To that end we are going to need more recievers within Linehan's spread offense. I am a huge Chris Chambers supporter but he will not be able to do it alone. Miami needs a big wide reciever with the body control and ball skills to dominate as a deep threat. Marty Booker and Derrius Thompson are not those players.

However, it is my opinion that Mike Williams is that guy. He is Plaxico Burress with the brain capacity and god given skills to consistently catch passes and dominate the jump ball situation. Anyone who has watched Burress closely knows he was his own worst enemy. Williams will not be his own worst enemy.

I realize I am in the minority in my opinion that Mike Williams is a better prospect than Braylon Edwards but look at the tale of the tape.

Williams - 6'4 1/2 229 4.56 4.23 6.98 38 1/2 10' 3
Edwards - 6'3 211 4.49 4.38 6.87 37 1/2 10' 6

This seems like a close race, but it is the unteachables that seperate the two. Mike Williams has unequaled ball skills. He knows when to elevate and how to catch any ball regardless of where it is thrown. Edwards does not have this skill. He is good, no doubt about it. But, in my opinion he is not great. He still loses focus at times and even alligator arms the ball on occasion when going over the middle.

I admit that Williams time away from the game needs to be considered, but, it is not dispositive. Williams dominated as 19 year old wide reciever and has shown the hard work an maturity to keep working hard even after he was treated unfairly. Remember, he did not challenge the rule, he just relied on it. To his detriment.

In conclusion, I must say that if the draft was today I would have three players on my short list.
Aaron Rodgers
Ronnie Brown
Mike Williams

In my opinion it is only these three that possess the skills Saban is looking for when he says "Best player available".

Ghetti13 said:
This is going to be a new era in Miami Dolphins football. No more of the "Lets keep it close and win it in the end." That simply does not work. It merely puts you in just as good a position to lose the game as to win it. Miami will score points, or at the very least make an attempt to score points.

To that end we are going to need more recievers within Linehan's spread offense. I am a huge Chris Chambers supporter but he will not be able to do it alone. Miami needs a big wide reciever with the body control and ball skills to dominate as a deep threat. Marty Booker and Derrius Thompson are not those players.

However, it is my opinion that Mike Williams is that guy. He is Plaxico Burress with the brain capacity and god given skills to consistently catch passes and dominate the jump ball situation. Anyone who has watched Burress closely knows he was his own worst enemy. Williams will not be his own worst enemy.

I realize I am in the minority in my opinion that Mike Williams is a better prospect than Braylon Edwards but look at the tale of the tape.

Williams - 6'4 1/2 229 4.56 4.23 6.98 38 1/2 10' 3
Edwards - 6'3 211 4.49 4.38 6.87 37 1/2 10' 6

This seems like a close race, but it is the unteachables that seperate the two. Mike Williams has unequaled ball skills. He knows when to elevate and how to catch any ball regardless of where it is thrown. Edwards does not have this skill. He is good, no doubt about it. But, in my opinion he is not great. He still loses focus at times and even alligator arms the ball on occasion when going over the middle.

I admit that Williams time away from the game needs to be considered, but, it is not dispositive. Williams dominated as 19 year old wide reciever and has shown the hard work an maturity to keep working hard even after he was treated unfairly. Remember, he did not challenge the rule, he just relied on it. To his detriment.

In conclusion, I must say that if the draft was today I would have three players on my short list.
Aaron Rodgers
Ronnie Brown
Mike Williams

In my opinion it is only these three that possess the skills Saban is looking for when he says "Best player available".

Agree I favor M.Williams over Edwards any day of the week. Not sold on Rodgers, and I am a Caddy supporter over Brown, but good post regardless!

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mike Williams did not play for most of this season right? That therefore took away some of his draft stock, but obviously not by much. I also like MW over BE.

How r ugunna score points without a qb?

It is my opinion that Feeley will surprise with good coaching, maybe a half a second in the pocket and good tools.

Or, we could just have a quarterback who throws it directly at Larry Izzo in prime time. So, I pose the question to you as well Mr. Bills fan.

Ghetti13 said:
It is my opinion that Feeley will surprise with good coaching, maybe a half a second in the pocket and good tools.

Or, we could just have a quarterback who throws it directly at Larry Izzo in prime time. So, I pose the question to you as well Mr. Bills fan.

LOL! JP was a rookie against the super bowl champs, in their stadium, in prime time, and his first ever regular season action, coming off of a broken leg. What has feeley done?

zevo said:
LOL! JP was a rookie against the super bowl champs, in their stadium, in prime time, and his first ever regular season action, coming off of a broken leg. What has feeley done?

He beat the super bowl champs, in our stadium, on prime time.

Gad, that's a trifecta

knight6jb said:
Agree I favor M.Williams over Edwards any day of the week. Not sold on Rodgers, and I am a Caddy supporter over Brown, but good post regardless!

You're the first poster who agrees with me on all three positions. We must really suck.

byroan said:
He beat the super bowl champs, in our stadium, on prime time.

wow, then i guess he is good! I guess being a feeley fan u haveto take what u can get!

Losman has utstanding physical skills, but he will be a liability for the Bills this season unless he makes unprecedented strides.

About Feeley. He beat the Super Bowl champions in prime time with injuries that made it difficult to walk without wincing in pain. He showed great poise in that game even though we had no running game and very little blocking.

He made progress every single time he took the field even though he was playing with an offense that provided no support.

hey i'm just statin the obvious. Feeley will not taje the fins anywhere. I'd just roll the dice and take an overrated rogers or Smith.

Ghetti13 said:
However, it is my opinion that Mike Williams is that guy. He is Plaxico Burress with the brain capacity and god given skills to consistently catch passes and dominate the jump ball situation.".

I like Plaxico, but if MW is Plaxico with a brain, then Id select R.Brown in a heartbeat...heck, I might even just get DJ.

Plaxico is good, but NOT THAT GOOD.

DJ or Plaxico Clone : I pick DJ
R.Brown or Plaxico Clone: R.Brown
S.Merriman or Plaxico Clone: Merriman
Alex Barron or Plaxico Clone: Barron

Just my opinion.

zevo said:
hey i'm just statin the obvious. Feeley will not taje the fins anywhere. I'd just roll the dice and take an overrated rogers or Smith.

Everytime your on Finheaven I end up saying the same thing..........GO AWAY!

It's obvious that Feeley won't take us anywhere?? and I guess it was obvious to you that when Brady came in for Bledsoe, he would suck? It is the NFL anything can happen, Feeley had to supporting cast last year, this year we have new coaches, new players, and our injured players will be back....PS:Bills will suck next year, and thats obvious cuz Losman will be running the team.

zevo said:
Losman isnt going to taje you anywhere either.

Back
Top Bottom