Mike Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams

markman05 said:
Roy Williams the safety? Cuz t Roy Williams the WR is a freak of nature WR, not because he is 6'5'' like Mike Williams..... but because he is disgustingly fast for his size and his circus catching ability arent lucky cathces but actual ability....... with that said.; Mike Williams is a different typre of receiver. He's Big and he has great hands. He may not be so fast, but by adding him to the Dolphins roster, i think alot of ppl would have a hard time picking another team with better WR's than Miami. I dont think anyone would be dissapointed if we get Mike Williams. The guy can flat out play and dominate with his size and hands.

When I say 'ability', I mean ability to make plays. I really think he'll make some team real happy.

Id rather have a RB, but if we take Williams Ill still be happy. The player who is being mentioned who I am really against is Braylon Edwards.

I would love to pick up M. Williams. Though I want Benson & Johnson too.:D

In my perfect little world, we would pick up travis henry for a lot less than either alexander or edge would go then that leaves us open to take Mike with the #2 pick and then you want to talk about a dangerous offense (ok as long as feeley can throw to the correct color).

Mike Williams and Vernand Morency sounds fine to me (considering Surtain either stays or doesn't bring in a 2nd rounder).

I know what Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson & Cadillac Williams are going to accomplish, but I just think we need a receiver who will really attack the ball in the air and be able to shield it with his huge body and hands.

I remember that effortless one handed catch he made in the back of the endzone.

I remember wishing that day that we'd somehow acquire a top pick in his draft for a shot at him.

I was sure he'd go 1st.

I've been all about Ronnie Brown on this site since it was accidentally posted that he ran a 4.3 40 at the combine.

However, as we get closer to the draft, I just can't forget watching Mike Williams play.

I know we've all watched him and thought the same thing.

This guy is unlike anything we've ever seen.

see this is what i like to hear... i have been on mikes banwagon since day one. finally people are realizing that this guy is gonna be great. its funny that it takes Kiper to put him #1 on his big board for people to start liking and wanting him.

South Florida said:
I truly believe that 90% of those who hate on Mike haven't even seen him.

2003 (So.)... 95 1314 13.8 16
2002 (Fr.)... 81 1265 15.6 13

I like everyone remembers that one handed grab he had a couple years back, I beleive it was with his left hand too

nick19991 said:
I like everyone remembers that one handed grab he had a couple years back, I beleive it was with his left hand too

I think he's left handed though. That doesn't take anything away from that catch. I saw it and I was schocked.

finsnchips said:
there isn't a guy in this draft that I want more.
Sounds personal. Did you mean to say that out loud? :wink:

IMHO, I think Mark Clayton will wind up being the best wr in this draft. Then, If I had to choose between Williams and Edwards, I would say........Williams.....I guess. I just do not think either one will be the next great wr.

i would definitely take mike williams

it makes much more sense to draft a reciever now who will take the next 2 or 3 years that it takes us to become good to learn the system, as recievers do, instead of a runningback who will merely be half worn out in 3 years when we are ready to contend.

and if saban really is a master of deception, mike williams' workout was the only big one he missed. i think. does anyone else remember this?

even though i would love braylon edwards, i think mike williams will be the better pro and be a better compliment to chris chambers who owns the red zone. could you imagine williams and mcmicheal next to each other?

DonShula84 said:
Id rather have a RB, but if we take Williams Ill still be happy. The player who is being mentioned who I am really against is Braylon Edwards.
Don, I think your draft mentality is exactly the same as mine... I too am not Braylon's biggest fan, and though I wouldn't be unhappy if we drafted him, I wouldn't exactly be doing cartwheels like if Ronnie Brown's, Alex Smith's or Mike Williams' name is called out on draft day.

I think this is one of the deepest wide reciever drafts in years. WIlliams and Edwards are both going to great. Williamson, White, and CLayton will all be good por'd, maybe great, and then second tier guys like Henry, Roby, Gibson, Thorpe, and Parrish. %hen we have the RUnnig backs, with the Big 3, then I think there is quite a drop off. Morency and hArris are old. Faison is slow, Moats and Sproles is small. Gore is bionic, CLarrett is a joke. WHat I am trying to say is the second tier recievers are a lot better htan the second tier runners. I say, Wait til later to take a reciever and take Brown at #2. I do like MIke Williams though.

mikes a great wr but my concern is whos going to get him the ball.aj is a mediocore qb.imo you have to be crazy not to take a qb with the 2nd pick.your offense is only good as your qb and right now were not very good. i say take the chance and draft smith or rodgers.miami never gets this good of a pick and to pass up a potential franchise qb is absured...

Back
Top Bottom