Mike Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams

elamin011

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know that people want a RB but what would you guys think if we drafted this guy. I like how physical he is with the conerbacks and wouldn't mind him and taking a RB later. For a guy who has worked out for a year long and has bulked up i think he's got something to prove.

I was just wondering what people think the chances are we take this guy and if you would like it if we took him.

there isn't a guy in this draft that I want more.

I just want a WR we can use to scare some teams with, so we can take some presure off of our O line

dolphindog said:
I just want a WR we can use to scare some teams with, so we can take some presure off of our O line
Mike Williams can do that and take pressure off both CC and Booker.

I have him rated higher than Braylon. I really do not think that there is one guy in this draft that can come in and influence our O as much as MW#1 can.

I think this guy is an almost immediate starter in the NFL. Roy Williams kind of ability.

Williams has been my top choice all along

Although Alex Smith is the most intriguing prospect in this draft and I'm almost leaning that way now. You have to gamble on QB if he has a chance to be special.

There have been several posters here who have put up highlights of various players they support. Give me a break. You can find surreal Mike Williams clips from virtually every game in his two years, like the 3 fingered catch in the back of the end zone from late 2003. That was the most effortless phenomenal grab I've ever seen.

Mike Williams is a sure thing.

You know, before the combines I thought Williams was better than Edwards; I still do go back and forth sometimes.

But the facts are: Edwards may not be 6'4.5", but he is 6'2" and he's faster, has great hands too, and has the ability to get open almost as well as Williams - all this with lesser QB talent at Michigan than Williams had at USC.

Therefore, Edwards has to be said to have less downside than Williams. And that's important with the second overall pick.

I truly believe that 90% of those who hate on Mike haven't even seen him.

2003 (So.)... 95 1314 13.8 16
2002 (Fr.)... 81 1265 15.6 13

Living out west I saw alot of Mike Williams, and I don`t think you can go wrong with either Williams or Braylon Edwards....Mike`s got better hands, Braylon has better speed, both are definite big play receivers. I`d take either one.

EightyTwenty said:
I think this guy is an almost immediate starter in the NFL. Roy Williams kind of ability.

Roy Williams the safety? Cuz t Roy Williams the WR is a freak of nature WR, not because he is 6'5'' like Mike Williams..... but because he is disgustingly fast for his size and his circus catching ability arent lucky cathces but actual ability....... with that said.; Mike Williams is a different typre of receiver. He's Big and he has great hands. He may not be so fast, but by adding him to the Dolphins roster, i think alot of ppl would have a hard time picking another team with better WR's than Miami. I dont think anyone would be dissapointed if we get Mike Williams. The guy can flat out play and dominate with his size and hands.

Mel Kiper's latest rankings have Mike Williams #1 in the entire draft.
He's over Braylon at WR because Braylon had some critical drops, where as Williams' hands are glue. I don't want a WR at #2, but I wouldn't shed a tear if we took him.

This guy is a monster I also live out here in the west and Ive acutally seen him play a couple of times here in the coliseum this guy is the real thing his 40 might be slow but when I saw him play nobody was catching him from behind. If we get him we will have a quality receiver for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom