Mikel Leshoure - Running Back: Illinois | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mikel Leshoure - Running Back: Illinois

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This dude is an absolute monster. I think he is the best running back in the 2011 Draft, if he comes out. The dude had 281 carries, 1,697 yards, and 17 touchdowns. If you didn't know, that is a 6.0 yards per carry average. For his three seasons at Illinois, he has 424 carries for 2,557 yards, which is a 6 yard per carry average.

He is 6'1, 230 pounds, and he has lights out speed. I think his draft stock rises a ton over the next couple of months, but I think this is the guy we get in round 1.

[video=youtube;SpGGOe0D_go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGGOe0D_go[/video]

I like him a lot. He's very good in the open field, can make guys miss and cut at high speeds. That combo of size and speed really avails him there. He's also got soft hands and some potential in the passing game.

But the big drawback on him is he has no sense for the cutback, and he's too hesitant in the backfield IMO to be a short yardage back. He may have a lot of TDs in college but I'm not sure I see him being a TD machine in the pros, not the way I see a Vick Ballard being a TD machine.

But that could be nitpicky. I have him behind Ryan Williams and Mark Ingram, but potentially ahead of Kendall Hunter. Still getting a feel for Daniel Thomas, in 2009 I did not like him much but in 2010 he looks slimmer, runs much more naturally with better pad and hip level, and he looks faster to me.

I like him a lot. He's very good in the open field, can make guys miss and cut at high speeds. That combo of size and speed really avails him there. He's also got soft hands and some potential in the passing game.

But the big drawback on him is he has no sense for the cutback, and he's too hesitant in the backfield IMO to be a short yardage back. He may have a lot of TDs in college but I'm not sure I see him being a TD machine in the pros, not the way I see a Vick Ballard being a TD machine.

But that could be nitpicky. I have him behind Ryan Williams and Mark Ingram, but potentially ahead of Kendall Hunter. Still getting a feel for Daniel Thomas, in 2009 I did not like him much but in 2010 he looks slimmer, runs much more naturally with better pad and hip level, and he looks faster to me.

CK, with Leshoure's speed and size, he has the potential to be a monster. You can coach him to get better vision or be more decisive. Put him in the film room, let him see the holes from a bird's eye view, which will probably help him try to be more aware of it when he is running.

He's a lateral one cut runner. At his size and speed, for a lateral runner, I prefer CJ2K and Charles, that kinda runner. Otherwise, I like his colleague Ford better.

Back
Top Bottom