Miller & Ajayi both averaging 5+ yds per carry. Last time our top 2 RBs did that.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miller & Ajayi both averaging 5+ yds per carry. Last time our top 2 RBs did that..

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Was Larry Csonka & Mercury Morris, with the 1972 Dolphins and the 17-0 perfect season.

Could actually have a really good offense if only we had a coach who did what he said he was going to do.

Our guards are better at run blocking than they are at pass blocking...yet we still chuck it

Could actually have a really good offense if only we had a coach who did what he said he was going to do.

That IMO is part of why the phins lost this past Monday.

Things were going well until the middle of the 3rd Q when Miami started going old school, Woody Hayes 3 yds & a cloud of dust hokum.

Ajayi has 27 carries. The 4th string running back in '72 had 27 carries with a 5.3 avg. Not a very good comparison.

Maybe not a good comparison, but it sure it an indictment on our offensive play calling.

23 carries may not be a lot but Jay has earned some snaps and we should be utilizing the talent we have there more effectively. I still want to see them both catching balls out of the backfield more often.

The Giants adjusted to stop the run. RT audibled ibto and out of running plays depending on the defense.

The Giants adjusted to stop the run. RT audibled ibto and out of running plays depending on the defense.

Yep, Giants sold out to stop the run starting early in the 3rd. Ryan made them pay by converting a 3rd down to create more run opportunities and then burned them with the TD to Stills on 3rd and long. After that scoring drive we only converted 2 more 3rd downs the rest of the game. When you convert those 3rd downs it gives you more chances to run the ball on the next 3 plays.

For what seems like the 20th year in a row we still don't have anything to consistently go to. Very hard to sustain drives and play winning football when the execution and play making is so inconsistent. Couple that with a core offensive philosophy that seems to be created by Sybil and...

At this point I'm unsure if Thill is a legit (consistent) NFL QB or just a really good athlete pretending to be a QB. It just seems he finds a way to NOT make plays and inevitably kill drives or turn the ball over. I mean, I do not feel confident counting on him to consistently execute at a high level... And the longer this continues the less likely he'll ever be the QB we all hope he would be.

There's no way to win without consistency and the entire team -- seemingly top to bottom, is consistently inconsistent. It's like a really bad virus that has permeated Davie and no matter who you plug in etc. the result strays the same...

Could the viral be Ross???

BNF

Thanks! If I were coach this would mean more empty backfield and Damien Williams. Lets catch them by surprise.

It means nothing. We just have a big average because we "surprise" teams when we actually run the ball. It doesn't mean we are any good at it or that either of our RB's is worth a ****.

Back
Top Bottom