Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith Bad!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith Bad!!

I think the problem is not the running backs it's the system. First The offense is ran through a shotgun formation so your predictable from the start. The defense nows already whats coming. Draw plays don't scare anybody. Second, we need to move Mike Wallace around a bit. Put him in the slot and motion him so the defense has to adjust and we can also create mismatches.

You may be spot on!! look at what Reggie Bush is doing in Detroit, they seem to be using him properly. and maybe some of our issues is with the OL, too. but these guys, Miller and Thomas, don't scare anybody...

Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith B...

Worse than Travis minor and Lamar Gordon??!

Hey the majority of finheaven thought we big time fleeced the Rams when we traded for Gordon. Shows you what this site knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Lawrece phillups was a big bust . Ricky williams was your best RB I had to watch play the jets. If you had a franchise QB? Might have been a SB contender but wayne hizinka was in charge and liked j fedler.

I know...just kinda hard to run when its always out of gun. But your right the o-line sucking is really killing this team in all aspects.

Lawrece phillups was a big bust . Ricky williams was your best RB I had to watch play the jets. If you had a franchise QB? Might have been a SB contender but wayne hizinka was in charge and liked j fedler.

Phillips was a high risk, high reward move. he was a talented idiot with no real idea of right or wrong. Our current guys are not nearly as talented as Phillips. IDK if RW was the best, Zonk was pretty good, too.

I know...just kinda hard to run when its always out of gun. But your right the o-line sucking is really killing this team in all aspects.

Right. I always thought a good RB makes a sorry O-Line look a little better. I guess the same could be true for QB too though, you know like Marino's quick release allowing for fewer sacks...

too young to remember zonka. Ricky was amazing when he played and started for miami. He just missed so much time due to getting high. At one time he was running over everyone .

too young to remember zonka. Ricky was amazing when he played and started for miami. He just missed so much time due to getting high. At one time he was running over everyone .

Zonk was basically Ricky without speed. Ricky could run guys over and then run away from them. Zonk would just run guys over, and when they caught up to him he would just run them over again...He was once called for unnecessary roughness while running the ball!!!

I cannot recall when we had two running backs this bad. Not Benny Malone, not Gary Davis. not Hubert Ginn, not Bernie Parmalee, not Don Nottingham, not Norm Bulaich, not Tony Nathan, not Irving Spikes, definitely not Delvin Williams, not Reggie Bush, Karim Abdul Jabbar, not Lamar Smith, (maybe Lamar Gordon), but These current guys are Sammy Smith bad!!!!!!

Yup both of them SUCK at pass blocking and catching the ball :-(

We had NO running attack today...Zip....Ravens did and it won them the game

Its really hard to say if miller sucks or not cuz the oline isn't opening holes up for them to run thru. The backs are being hit before they even get to the line of scrimmage. Thomas absolutely sucks.

Kinda like riggens.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Zonka was kinda like jon riggens. Dude used too run everyone over.

Its really hard to say if miller sucks or not cuz the oline isn't opening holes up for them to run thru. The backs are being hit before they even get to the line of scrimmage. Thomas absolutely sucks.

remember we used to make that same excuse for Ronnie Brown? at least, I know I did. A good back still makes that first guy miss...even if it is in the backfield.

Back
Top Bottom