Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith Bad!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith Bad!!

abNORMal

Active Roster
Reaction score
I cannot recall when we had two running backs this bad. Not Benny Malone, not Gary Davis. not Hubert Ginn, not Bernie Parmalee, not Don Nottingham, not Norm Bulaich, not Tony Nathan, not Irving Spikes, definitely not Delvin Williams, not Reggie Bush, Karim Abdul Jabbar, not Lamar Smith, (maybe Lamar Gordon), but These current guys are Sammy Smith bad!!!!!!

I Know RB isn't a major need in today's NFL....but dang that just means we should be able to get decent RB play at minimum price. We actually moved up to get DT and thought we had a bargain getting Miller in the 4th round. We should have realized he was a 4th rounder for a reason....

Miller has potential but Daniel Thomas is really bad. He gets knocked over by a slight breeze. If miller could get a hole to run thru he has the burst and speed to get to the next level. The running backs are being hit behind the line of scrimmage. The run blocking has been almost as bad as the pass blocking.

Miller has potential but Daniel Thomas is really bad. He gets knocked over by a slight breeze. If miller could get a hole to run thru he has the burst and speed to get to the next level. The running backs are being hit behind the line of scrimmage. The run blocking has been almost as bad as the pass blocking.

Yeah but when Miller gets to the 2nd level he too goes down to a stiff breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Can't disagree with that!!

These guys have no "make you miss" and no power...they will need the type of blocking that Terell Davis used to get in Denver

Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith B...

Can't disagree with that!!

These guys have no "make you miss" and no power...they will need the type of blocking that Terell Davis used to get in Denver

Actually if DT can get into the open field , which is rare , he is decent st making guys miss . Miller just runs straight,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Miller and Thomas: Worse running back duo in Team History? Like Sammy Smith B...

Miller is explosive, but he must improve his pass protection. I understand why Thomas is considered on par with him by the coaching staff. Miller is horrible at pass protection.

They really don't get much touches, so this post really has no merit. In the past 5 games, Lamar easily could've broken 100, but his carries were limited to like 12. Also can't blame him for not being able to run against Haloti Ngata and company.

They really don't get much touches, so this post really has no merit. In the past 5 games, Lamar easily could've broken 100, but his carries were limited to like 12. Also can't blame him for not being able to run against Haloti Ngata and company.

You must have been over impressed by his one 40 plus yard run last week. A decent RB would have taken that to the house!!

oohhh good one!! Those guys (and Ricky smoking) were the reason we took the great Ronnie Brown #2 overall!!! talk about a wasted pick!!

Daniel Thomas is painful to watch tho...like he's just terrible. The only thing he's ever done that was good was juke Darelle revis making him tear his acl.

Daniel Thomas is painful to watch tho...like he's just terrible. The only thing he's ever done that was good was juke Darelle revis making him tear his acl.

That is classic!! That's probably all he'll be remembered for.

I think the problem is not the running backs it's the system. First The offense is ran through a shotgun formation so your predictable from the start. The defense nows already whats coming. Draw plays don't scare anybody. Second, we need to move Mike Wallace around a bit. Put him in the slot and motion him so the defense has to adjust and we can also create mismatches. At the same time Wallace MUST catch the ball!

Back
Top Bottom