Mini update on Surtain/No Progress Friday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mini update on Surtain/No Progress Friday

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/11290870.htm

Nothing really that we don't already know. But as Friday concluded, there was no change on either teams stance on compensation.
The Chiefs and Surtain have come to an agreement on a contract extension, sources indicated. It would go into effect only in the case that the Chiefs and Dolphins can agree to terms of a trade.

As of Friday, the teams were nowhere close to an agreement. The Dolphins insisted on receiving a second-round draft pick, while the Chiefs offered nothing better than a fourth-round choice.
A trade agreement might not happen until the hours before the draft, which begins on April 23, if it happens at all.

The Chiefs talked with St. Louis about a trade for quarterback Trent Green for weeks before the draft in 2001. The Rams insisted on receiving the Chiefs' first-round draft pick, and the Chiefs balked.

The Chiefs finally relented the day before the draft, but only after the Rams sweetened the deal to include a fifth-round pick.

Ugh..why can't tomorrow(or today for that matter) be the start of the draft? :(

byroan said:
Ugh..why can't tomorrow(or today for that matter) be the start of the draft? :(
I agree. I need the draft to come badly. I have already read my Sporting News draft book many times. I am ready now for the draft.

4th rounder? Saban should tell them to piss off. If it comes to settling for a day 2 pick, lets keep Surtain and watch them have a crappy defense and live in the cellar of the NFL. Maybe they can pick up a CB with next year's #1 after every offense they face bulldozes them.

I think that they'll break before the draft, giving up next years 2nd rounder or this years, the Moss signing to the Raiders definitely helps us with leverage in this trade since they now have to face him twice a year.

If the chiefs are smart, they prolly wouldn't give up a 1st day pick. They can get Ty Law and keep the pick. They could be waiting for that.

Regan21286 said:
If the chiefs are smart, they prolly wouldn't give up a 1st day pick. They can get Ty Law and keep the pick. They could be waiting for that.

law is good but he has injury problems. if i were the chiefs i would go with surtain

finsrule84 said:
law is good but he has injury problems. if i were the chiefs i would go with surtain

I would too if it meant getting Surtain without losing a valuable 1st day pick. But Law is in a sense cheaper.

Law is a question mark. Carl Peterson picking 2nd rounders is a question mark. Trade for Surtain MORON Carl.

Dolfan2788 said:
I think that they'll break before the draft, giving up next years 2nd rounder or this years, the Moss signing to the Raiders definitely helps us with leverage in this trade since they now have to face him twice a year.

The Chiefs' training camp in Mn. & have practiced against Moss since he came in the league. They know Moss. Moss never got that team to a SB. Collins ain't no Culpeper. You make WAY too much out of Moss in the division.

Under Tice the Vikes are 23-26. Moss is a great talent that needs structure, like say the Pats. The Raiders are the anti-Pats, a whole lot of me guys

Sean LaChapelle said:
The Chiefs' training camp in Mn. & have practiced against Moss since he came in the league. They know Moss. Moss never got that team to a SB. Collins ain't no Culpeper. You make WAY too much out of Moss in the division.

With or w.o Moss in that division KC has one of the worst pass D's in the league.

The Raiders O is going to be much more explosive, the Chargers stand to get a great young WR in the draft and Denver usually has their way with KC's defense.

Steve S said:
With or w.o Moss in that division KC has one of the worst pass D's in the league.

The Raiders O is going to be much more explosive, the Chargers stand to get a great young WR in the draft and Denver usually has their way with KC's defense.

is Surtain the magic bullet that will put them over the top? I doubt it, it will take several players. I would like to have him but his price & draft picks make him expensive on a couple fronts.

The Browncos are a mess & the Chargers have to prove they are not a one year wonder. The Raiders are horrid on D, that is where $$ need to be spent

Hey, just a thought..

What do you guys think about Surtain for their 2nd and then a swap of 5th's. It's all I can think to sweeten the deal for them because I really don't see a jump from 4th to 2nd.

A swap of 5ths wouldn't disadvantage us too much and we wouldn't lose any draft picks. Just a thought, KC may spit on it.

HysterikiLL said:
Hey, just a thought..

What do you guys think about Surtain for their 2nd and then a swap of 5th's. It's all I can think to sweeten the deal for them because I really don't see a jump from 4th to 2nd.

A swap of 5ths wouldn't disadvantage us too much and we wouldn't lose any draft picks. Just a thought, KC may spit on it.

It is good for both sides to wait. KC can check on Law's progress(they keep their #46 for much needed D help) Miami can entertain other offers. The other offers would need to be better than the Chiefs #46 because Miami will come back & say top this offer. Like the Trent Green deal it will come down to right before the draft & draft picks can't really be spent before then

Give us the 2 pick this year or next with a 4 or 5 rd as well. Thanks again Skape for the sig.

Back
Top Bottom