Minimum # of new blue chips + average starters to convert this roster into a powerhouse? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minimum # of new blue chips + average starters to convert this roster into a powerhouse?

I’ve heard that a true contender needs roughly 8 blue chip players. Right now, we only have one (Howard), maybe Raekwon (in his current role), & maybe Wilkins (in the future).

8 to 10 is the number I hear thrown around a lot but you still have to surround them with solid starters. Miami's 2015 defense had at least 5 blue chippers on defense but we also had some players that was below starting material.

Dude its a thread on a message board, are you expecting a rulebook or something? :lol:

It's like 'franchise.' Sanchez and Montana were franchise QBs. Blue chip? If it means All Pro, 3-4 is typical per team. If it means top quarter of NFL, 8 is about right. How can anyone know the answer without knowing what 'bluechip' means?

It's like 'franchise.' Sanchez and Montana were franchise QBs. Blue chip? If it means All Pro, 3-4 is typical per team. If it means top quarter of NFL, 8 is about right. How can anyone know the answer without knowing what 'bluechip' means?
I dont think there's a one size fits all anwser for this type of question, no matter how you word it out to be honest. I think OP's looking for a general overview of what type of talent the team needs to become serious contender...

While I have no intention to anwser the original question as there are way to many variables(undefined on top of that as you stated), let's just I'd start with building a great offense. Great offenses have effecient passing games so thats how I would go about it. QB first and foremost, then build the best OL money and picks can buy and finish off with the skill players(starting with WR followed by TE and then RB).

Once you have a good effecient offense, its time to start worrying about the other teams offense and get some defense going... Again, Good defenses allow less points, the best way to do so is by denying the opponents pass offense, so start off with CBs, followed by pass rushing DES then finish off with interior DL, LBs and safeties.

I dont think there's a one size fits all anwser for this type of question, no matter how you word it out to be honest. I think OP's looking for a general overview of what type of talent the team needs to become serious contender...

While I have no intention to anwser the original question as there are way to many variables(undefined on top of that as you stated), let's just I'd start with building a great offense. Great offenses have effecient passing games so thats how I would go about it. QB first and foremost, then build the best OL money and picks can buy and finish off with the skill players(starting with WR followed by TE and then RB).

Once you have a good effecient offense, its time to start worrying about the other teams offense and get some defense going... Again, Good defenses allow less points, the best way to do so is by denying the opponents pass offense, so start off with CBs, followed by pass rushing DES then finish off with interior DL, LBs and safeties.

I'd define 'bluechip' as All Pro selection, and that's a low bar. 3-4 per team. Personally, I place far more importance on number of below average (bottom third) players.
Bless you on QB. I'm so tired of 'elite QB or keep trying.' Yeah, get a good QB and get him protection

I'd define 'bluechip' as All Pro selection, and that's a low bar. 3-4 per team. Personally, I place far more importance on number of below average (bottom third) players.
Bless you on QB. I'm so tired of 'elite QB or keep trying.' Yeah, get a good QB and get him protection
Like I said in my previous post, the original question is kind of stupid(no offense to the original poster) and way to vague and useless to harbor any kind of serious discussion about football IMO... The thread itself might garner some interesting discussion, but I promise you it wont be about someone coming up with a magical ratio of 1XBlueChip QB + 2X semi-BlueChip CBs + 3X alternativesProBowlers OL FTW! with every one replying "/thread"

So yeah... I want a top 10 OL unit and I dont care how many allpros(matter of fact,I'd rather have 5 average starter there than 1 probowler and a buch of scrubs) are on it, that'll make it easier to field a top 10 offensive unit which will in turn, make it more likely that the Fins have a top 10 team.

1st team All Pro? Just All Pro? Top 5 by PFF?
I would say top 5 by pff or considered top 5-10 at his position. Basically we need about 8 really good players and surround them with a bunch of solid players. If we get an elite qb and can protect him, and establish a consistent pass rush on defense, this will mask a lot of other issues.

I would say top 5 by pff or considered top 5-10 at his position. Basically we need about 8 really good players and surround them with a bunch of solid players. If we get an elite qb and can protect him, and establish a consistent pass rush on defense, this will mask a lot of other issues.

I think I get it now. You're after the ideal (as is every fan.
8 REALLY good players (bluechip), a bunch of SOLID players, an elite QB and protect him, AND a consistent pass rush.
Not certain how many teams actually have 8 REALLY good players. I would think REALLY good players would make All Pro.

My bar is lower. A top 10 QB, 3-4 All Pros, an above average OL and pass rush, and no bottom third players. As a bonus, a good coaching staff. Those things will get a consistent playoff team. Let's get to 'playoff team' and then we can work on powerhouse.

Back
Top Bottom