Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 86 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Jalen should be going to Kansas City, thats where I expect the deal to get done. Philly also makes some sense, but he needs stability and a major contract or else you have no chance taming Ramsey Bolton... I mean Jalen Ramsey.

Jalen is not making it to Free Agency, he is going to be traded. If Miami is looking to bring in Jalen, they have to trade a 1st rounder for him now and give him a record breaking contract.

Omar was way off on this one. I will give him *some* credit for being right about the Tua situation and having some understanding of what Miami is doing. Omar and Dave Hyde had a light debate over the Minkah thing; Dave Hyde is way off and really emotional about this. You'd swear Minkah was his cousin.

For those who hate Omar, watch Omar talk to Dave Hyde on this subject, and you'll hate Dave Hyde even more.

I meant I would trade for him in the offseason, or perhaps right at the trade deadline to ensure the tank goes as planned. I understand he is not making it to free agency one way or the other.

I meant I would trade for him in the offseason, or perhaps right at the trade deadline to ensure the tank goes as planned. I understand he is not making it to free agency one way or the other.

In all likelihood, he is traded before this next game. If KC or Philly has done their research and feel comfortable, they'll jump.

If he makes it to the offseason, the Patriots will snake their way in somehow.

This doesn't fit into Miami's plan, at all.

In all likelihood, he is traded before this next game. If KC or Philly has done their research and feel comfortable, they'll jump.

If he makes it to the offseason, the Patriots will snake their way in somehow.

This doesn't fit into Miami's plan, at all.

Completely disagree that he wouldn’t fit into what the Dolphins are doing so long as he doesn’t interfere with getting the number 1 pick this year. For the life of what they’d hypothetically be paying Ramsey, they will have a cheap quarterback, lots of draft picks, and a lot of cap space. Under those circumstances, you can splurge on a guy like Ramsey, who is still very young. If it costs you the Houston first, and something else you can live without, it would be a homerun, again, so long as it does not interfere with the tank.

From everything I know, which is admittedly limited re Ramsey, he's just a flat out BAD FIT
for our program. Here's another dude who wants to meddle in GM type decisions and
organizational value assessments while clearly wanting to play for a front runner.

If that's not a recipe for disaster in Miami (as things are now) I don't know what is.

From everything I know, which is admittedly limited re Ramsey, he's just a flat out BAD FIT
for our program. Here's another dude who wants to meddle in GM type decisions and
organizational value assessments while clearly wanting to play for a front runner.

If that's not a recipe for disaster in Miami (as things are now) I don't know what is.

All I’ll say is that he’s such a wild card that he might buy into what the team is doing. You could do due diligence there.

All I’ll say is that he’s such a wild card that he might buy into what the team is doing.

Way too big of a risk to play IMO.

If it blows up in your face you've effectively discredited the basic premise of your program.

Making a play for a kid like him in a year or two -- maybe.

Right now = insanity IMO.

Completely disagree that he wouldn’t fit into what the Dolphins are doing so long as he doesn’t interfere with getting the number 1 pick this year. For the life of what they’d hypothetically be paying Ramsey, they will have a cheap quarterback, lots of draft picks, and a lot of cap space. Under those circumstances, you can splurge on a guy like Ramsey, who is still very young. If it costs you the Houston first, and something else you can live without, it would be a homerun, again, so long as it does not interfere with the tank.

I don't see how you can let Ramsey walk in day 1, trade a first for him, then award him a big guaranteed contract in an empty locker room. You literally have no one but X to check him and you are gonna let this guy who is a bit of a headcase do whatever he wants. I recommend watching this season of Hard Knocks, you can get a bit of a glimpse of how that worked out in Oakland when the Raiders did something very similar to what you are suggesting with AB.

We could be going 0-16, but even if we win 3 games there are a number of players frustrated already. You believe he is going to acclimate on a worse team, in a matter of games, as our team is losing each and every week?

What about this guy makes you think he is mature enough to handle that? He almost ripped off his coaches head last week.

Last edited:
This is not true. Opinions varied on Wilkins.
It’s interesting to look back at how things develop. We know Ross mandated a rebuild- to what extent not sure.
Say we go Bradbury or Lindstrom Rd1 and keep Rd2 and go McCoy.
I think an Oline Lindstrom/ McCoy / Tunsil/ Davis wins you 4 games. Equals no Tua..
In retrospect though Bradbury > Wilkins but it may have worked out this way.

I don't see how you can let Ramsey walk in day 1, trade a first for him, then award him a big guaranteed contract in an empty locker room. You literally have no one but X to check him and you are gonna let this guy who is a bit of a headcase do whatever he wants. I recommend watching this season of Hard Knocks, you can get a bit of a glimpse of how that worked out in Oakland when the Raiders did something very similar to what you are suggesting with AB.

We could be going 0-16, but even if we win 3 games there are a number of players frustrated already. You believe he is going to acclimate on a worse team, in a matter of games, as our team is losing each and every week?

What about this guy makes you think he is mature enough to handle that? He almost ripped off his coaches head last week.

Unless Grier was lying through his teeth (not beyond the realm of possibility) the players get what’s going on and are willing to tough it out so long as the front office is committed to stepping on the gas once this season ends. (I’m actually shocked Rosen isn’t asking for a trade, which he’d be justified in doing).

You’d need to do a ton of due diligence and there’s a leap of faith that he could behave himself. But again, what you have to pay him shouldn’t matter insofar as it’s only an issue if he stops the team from acquiring other assets. There’s so much cap space and so many draft picks that I don’t think he does.

Back
Top Bottom