Minkah/#1 Slot Cb | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah/#1 Slot Cb

Do some research, and stop being a smart arse.
TJ McDonald.

Another thing, Eric Rowe is a better FS.

TJ McDonald is penciled in at FS, but he isn't a very good FS, and he's much better suited for strong safety (which is where he's played for most of his career).

Minkah needs to play FS just to have a full time spot. But the Dolphins don't need him to play FS. The Dolphins already have a FS. That is the problem with Minkah. No need to save him. Get picks.
The "Save Minkah" movement is ridiculous.

Do some research, and stop being a smart arse.
TJ McDonald.

Another thing, Eric Rowe is a better FS.

There's just no way you post these things with a straight face...

100%. That is all the more a reason to trade Minkah during this rebuild. Dolphins have pressing needs at other spots that should be addressed in the draft, other than a nickel corner.

Unreal! What the heck is your deal? NM i don't want to know.

FWIW, although I strongly disagree with LargoFin about trading Minkah Fitzpatrick, I would absolutely trade him if the compensation was right.

For instance, if the Miami Dolphins were able to acquire a prime pass rush talent on a cheap contract, I would trade Minkah away without a second thought. If Miami were able to acquire a blue chip MLB talent on a rookie contract, I would strongly consider that, as well.

I really like the player both for his ability and intangibles, but right now I think the #1 biggest need for this team that isn't quarterback is pass rusher. The cupboard is bare and you can't win games in the NFL without a pass rush.

Minkah needs to play FS just to have a full time spot. But the Dolphins don't need him to play FS. The Dolphins already have a FS. That is the problem with Minkah. No need to save him. Get picks.
The "Save Minkah" movement is ridiculous.
Incorrect, the dolphins have 2 strong safeties,

I'm not opposed to playing him in the slot, in theory, but if McCain is one of your best players, and I said if, slot is where he belongs.

Fitz can play outside, but he's not great there.

That leaves FS.
Now in dime, he could move around, and be quite an asset as a disrupter.

I strongly disagree with 95% of anything he says TBH, but that statement was ridiculous, IMO.

I mean, some statements may have been ridiculous. We all say ridiculous things sometimes.

But for the core contention that we should trade Minkah Fitzpatrick, well, I think it should at least be on the table if the compensation is significantly high enough. Obviously I posted a hypothetical scenario that is not going to happen (a team offers us a Khalil Mack type of player on a rookie deal), but if a team DID happen to offer something like that... do you still insist Minkah is not available?

TJ McDonald is penciled in at FS, but he isn't a very good FS, and he's much better suited for strong safety (which is where he's played for most of his career).

Minkah in Bama defense was used as a Swiss knife guy, but mostly at nickel. When he was coming out he clearly stated that is where he was most comfortable and that is where he wanted to play in the NFL.

Now you want to move him because he is positionless and try him at FS because he is a first round pick and TJ looks like a linebacker. I say trade him and get a corner and get a safety and stop fkn around.

I guess everyone can be traded for the 'right' price. I highly doubt we'd ever get the right price for Minkah. As far as where to play him it's up to the coaching staff to use his talents as much as possible. Ideally he'd be the FS and TJM would be the SS but that dumb ass contract they gave Jones makes it impossible to get rid of him right now.
Either way our DB's will get exposed with no pass rush to help them out.

Wrong information Minkah never stated anywhere where he wanted to play but on the field . And thank God none of you will ever have a say in anything let the professionals do there jobs

I mean, some statements may have been ridiculous. We all say ridiculous things sometimes.

But for the core contention that we should trade Minkah Fitzpatrick, well, I think it should at least be on the table if the compensation is significantly high enough. Obviously I posted a hypothetical scenario that is not going to happen (a team offers us a Khalil Mack type of player on a rookie deal), but if a team DID happen to offer something like that... do you still insist Minkah is not available?
I can't disagree with most of what you said.

As to the "trading MF" statement, that's not the context in which I read it. Surely, I could be wrong in my assumption. As you say, we do all say things that, in hindsight, were not very well thought out

Back
Top Bottom