Minkah/#1 Slot Cb | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah/#1 Slot Cb

I'm pretty sure that I read that Minkah collected 6 ints when he moved to free safety. He had 9 total at Alabama and 6 of them at FS which he played predominantly his sophomore year.

Wow man, do you have any idea how you are coming across when you say these things. If you were a great evaluator and were right about most things, then, well, even then some humility might be required; but you are wrong about everything most of the time.

I wouldn't trust your opinion over most others, let alone professional analytics organizations.

Just who do you think you are?

Perhaps you should write a manifesto describing all your great accomplishments in football evaluations.

You could call it, mein kamf and how I became a legend in my own mind.

You suggesting someone that else comes off as an arrogant know it all is like O.J. Simpson suggesting that someone else has an anger management problem.

You suggesting someone that else comes off as an arrogant know it all is like O.J. Simpson suggesting that someone else has an anger management problem.

Don't bring OJ into it. He was a stud RB. He knifed through the competition.

Get the very strong impression Flores & Co. are pretty pumped about Minkah

and might go so far as to create a "position" for him every week relative to the

competition. The dude is certainly football smart enough and seriously motivated

and studies his ask off like very few...

Why not forget conventional terms and just get him in position to make plays

based on is football IQ and athletic chops?

That's really what I kinda expect.

Hope it's true 'cause it will be fun to watch!

Last edited:
Don't bring OJ into it. He was a stud RB. He knifed through the competition.

giphy.gif

Minkah did not have 6 interceptions when moved to safety he had four his sophomore year while playing base cb and star after he was switched to safety once EJ injury he got two more one at safety and one at slot that year. He did not play safety a lot at Alabama he played nb cb and safety when his lb were banged up his junior year he played the money role a lot too to fill the void they had with there lb . I believe this staff will prepare to play multiple roles properly & that will work best. I guess we will see

He did not play safety a lot at Alabama he played nb cb

That's right, and that is why this first round pick from last year should be packaged to SF to trade up to #2 and get Haskins.
We do not need a first round nickel corner. We do however need Haskins, at all cost.

Last edited:
That's right, and that is why this first round pick from last year should be packaged to SF to trade up to #2 and get Haskins.
We do not need a first round nickel corner. We do however need Haskins, at all cost.

Minkah is a great player, with a rookie contract. I don't see why you trade him to get Haskins.

Don't get me wrong, QB is the most important position by a mile, but he could be a bust, just like 90% of QB prospects could be a bust.

Minkah is a proven commodity, with a lot of time left to improve in the NFL.

I'd rather trade picks then young, stud defensive players on rookie contracts. Regardless of position.

No way I trade Minkah right now, can't wait to see where Flores takes him.
If you're convinced Haskins is a future elite NFL QB, trade next year's picks, not last year's
If it's me, I'm building a foundation for my QB from the 2020 class

Aaaaand, the agenda behind his BS idea emerges.

Aaaaand, the agenda behind his BS idea emerges.

The Dolphins need to trade up to get the QB, and Minkah is excellent capital to trade in addition to two first round picks. That would be essentially three first round picks and ought to get it done. It's better than trading a second round pick this year and next year.
It is better because we do not need a first round nickel corner who they want to move to free safety. The Dolphins need true corners, and true safeties,

Back
Top Bottom