Minkah Fitzpatrick: 'Anchor me down' at one position because.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick: 'Anchor me down' at one position because....

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know he's no longer a Fin but his comments are confusing.

"I think right now it's important to anchor me down because I'm learning an entirely new system," Fitzpatrick said, per the Associated Press. "Once I learn the system more, I'll be able to move around a little bit. It's part of my game. It's one of the reasons they wanted me around."

For the same reason he wanted out of Miami.

Imagine that. Pitt sees him as a FS. SMH we really screwed up w him. Let’s not act like one bad game w Balt defined him here. Last year he made a game altering stop that few DBs could make when he broke on the ball on 4th and goal from the 1 and dropped that guy shy of the goal line. I seem to recall a couple picks - one he took to the house 50 yards. Recovered a fumble against NE last week and was not beaten in coverage. But yeah the sour grapes crowd say he was a bust. I would have kept him. Miami saying they tried is BS. They tried for what? 1 week? Needed to build around a guy like this. It could have been patched up - by taking McCain out of FS and putting Minkah there. We got too cute w this trade.

Imagine that. Pitt sees him as a FS. SMH we really screwed up w him. Let’s not act like one bad game w Balt defined him here. Last year he made a game altering stop that few DBs could make when he broke on the ball on 4th and goal from the 1 and dropped that guy shy of the goal line. I seem to recall a couple picks - one he took to the house 50 yards. Recovered a fumble against NE last week and was not beaten in coverage. But yeah the sour grapes crowd say he was a bust. I would have kept him. Miami saying they tried is BS. They tried for what? 1 week? Needed to build around a guy like this. It could have been patched up - by taking McCain out of FS and putting Minkah there. We got too cute w this trade.
nah, he was over drafted, he struggled at FS a little bit last year. The Steelers just gave up a top 10 pick next year for a slot corner playing free safety. They will regret it, just like we did.

nah, he was over drafted, he struggled at FS a little bit last year. The Steelers just gave up a top 10 pick next year for a slot corner playing free safety. They will regret it, just like we did.
A lot of teams were interested- what 5, 6? He’s a good player IMO. Pitt’s FO generally is very good. I doubt they got it wrong. We can take the 1st for Minkah and draft Charles Harris twin brother.

Well he is a slot CB and he will find out that no one is going to pay him elite money to play the slot and be sitting on the sidelines 30-40% of the time.

Again he can be average/good at FS and on the boundary.

His best position is actually SS, but he doesn't have the body type for it which is why Derwin made a lot of sense.

So nickel makes the most sense, but he'll be a solid FS. Just an overdrafted one.

It's Rover or he overdrafted

He played like one game at free safety and even that week he was musical chairs ing it rep wise.

You must not question the perfection of the tank. There is no way the tank influences a player’s desire to be here. Minkah really wasn’t very good anyway. So say the cult of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom