Minkah Fitzpatrick Is The Hybrid Counter Your Nfl Team (probably) Needs...and The Dolphins Got! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick Is The Hybrid Counter Your Nfl Team (probably) Needs...and The Dolphins Got!

Minkah is a blue chip defender, a quality person and someone who is always willing to go the extra mile to succeed. He will be our defensive coach on the field. Mike Mayock had him ranked #5 best player (James #6 and Edmunds #11) so he's an exceptional value and one of our best 1st round picks in recent memory.

There's no assurance he'll turn into the next coming of Ed Reed but an argument can be made that he's got the right stuff to develop into a game-changing center fielder. I dismiss all this poppy**** about him being the "safe pick" as just more whining. He's a great pick and has a good chance to develop into one of the Fins GOAT iconic players.

Kiko Alonso? At SAM? On what planet can he handle the point of attack and gap fill assignments of a SAM linebacker in this defensive scheme? Nope.

Only gap he can fill is when the TE burns him so bad he closes the gap on the play once Jones saved another touchdown.

Minkah is a blue chip defender, a quality person and someone who is always willing to go the extra mile to succeed. He will be our defensive coach on the field. Mike Mayock had him ranked #5 best player (James #6 and Edmunds #11) so he's an exceptional value and one of our best 1st round picks in recent memory.

There's no assurance he'll turn into the next coming of Ed Reed but an argument can be made that he's got the right stuff to develop into a game-changing center fielder. I dismiss all this poppy**** about him being the "safe pick" as just more whining. He's a great pick and has a good chance to develop into one of the Fins GOAT iconic players.

I’ll never compare another safety to Ed Reed or Sean Taylor as a college prospect.

But the 2 guys coming out this year sure we’re ****ing close..

Watched his highlight videos on youtube and loved them.
Watched his interviews and LOVED them. The guy seems great.

What games is it worth trying to watch? I only watch one College game on live TV a week during the season, so my College football knowledge is severely lacking.

I loved the Mikah pick. For those saying he can't turn the whole defense around....duh........not one player can do that but you need to start somewhere. I mean, would it be better not to have him just because he can't do it alone? The way to build a great defense is by adding great players to it. Real play makers at positions of impact like DE and FS. We'll need all 11 guys to contribute but FS is one less position to worry about.

I disagree with those saying one person can’t make a huge difference...especially if he fills a glaring hole.

Sometimes a defense just has one hole or two that makes it appear awful...when in reality teams are just taking advantage of the hole over and over.

Close it and watch what happens.

I’ll never compare another safety to Ed Reed or Sean Taylor as a college prospect.

But the 2 guys coming out this year sure we’re ****ing close..

Fitzpatrick is above James IMO...more proven intangibles over a longer period of time.

Neither Ed Reed nor Sean Taylor won both the Thorpe and Bendarik trophies the same year...like Fitzpatrick.

Only Charles Woodson and Patrick Peterson did.

So...obviously he has to prove it at this level...but my money would be on a kid that checks so many boxes.

More of a sure thing than James by far!

I like the Minkah pick but are we expecting him to stroll out onto the field and shut down Rob Gronkowski 2 times as a rookie? If so I think we are setting up the board for a meltdown. He'll be a valuable asset over time but let's not set the bar to it's highest point (Gronk) right out of the box.

Minkah may not shut down Gronkowski but he sure will annoy him and get in his head. Brady will whisper to the refs about Minkah and they will throw yellow flags for breathing next to Gronk.

Bottom line is this, Minkah will eventually become a leader on this team. He is a natural born leader of men. But he is also humble and knows he has to show and prove first. He will put in the work necessary to excel at an elite level.

He will have an impressive and visable impact on the Dolphins defense.

Fitzpatrick is above James IMO...more proven intangibles over a longer period of time.

Neither Ed Reed nor Sean Taylor won both the Thorpe and Bendarik trophies the same year...like Fitzpatrick.

So...obviously he has to prove it at this level...but my money would be on a kid that checks so many boxes.

If he was 3/4 if the player ed reed was he’d by HoF. That’s an exiting thought. I hated ed reed when we played him but god damn did I respect him! Two things he was amazing at... disguising where he was going and reading where the ball would be. Both of fitzs strengths from what I’ve seen.

I just can’t compare any college guy to those two men. Flat out superstar from day one. If Minkah does that day one then we’ll be talking about that.

Watched his highlight videos on youtube and loved them.
Watched his interviews and LOVED them. The guy seems great.

What games is it worth trying to watch? I only watch one College game on live TV a week during the season, so my College football knowledge is severely lacking.
Vs Georgia last season?

Back
Top Bottom