Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jerome Baker Give Miami D Long-term Promise. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jerome Baker Give Miami D Long-term Promise.

I think it's important to point out that Kiko played 1004 snaps compared to Bakers 678, Kiko should have more impressive stats as a veteran LB and as a player getting more opportunities.
Nevermind that forced fumbles are about 80% random when it comes to non-sack fumbles...

I usually agree with most of your ideas and observations. But I dont understand this one...

Baker has alot of work in front of him no doubt but I dont know how you come to the conclusion that it wasnt anything short of a succesful rookie season for a 3rd round pick LB, and then turn around and post with conviction that Gesicki is fine and will be a good player....? It seems to me that you didnt like the pick to begin with and just wont change your stance on the player, and kind of the opposite for Gesicki...
So I have confidence in Gesicki … but I am not suggesting he had a great rookie season nor am I calling him better than Kiko Alonso in 2018.

My replies have been to the people asserting that Jerome Baker had a great rookie year, and one poster citing PFF saying he was the 17th best LB in the NFL last year, which I think is absurd. Baker made a lot of mistakes last year, and his production was not nearly as good as Kiko's production, so the hype train needs to pump the brakes a bit on Baker. I'm hoping he develops into a good LB. He has shown some good flashes. But, IMHO, he is definitely not a top 20 LB in the NFL.

I've never said that Mike Gesicki's 2018 season was among the top 20 TE's in 2018. I've merely stated that I think he has a lot of potential and is developing. I believe he will become a very good TE … but he isn't there yet.

Hope that clarifies my stance a bit.

I think it's important to point out that Kiko played 1004 snaps compared to Bakers 678, Kiko should have more impressive stats as a veteran LB and as a player getting more opportunities.
No doubt, but we should also consider that many of those stats were in nickel, where LB's are stretched thin.

Back
Top Bottom