Minkah for Taco Charlton? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah for Taco Charlton?

Would take a 3rd before Taco. And a 3rd for Minkah would royally piss me off. So there's that.

I don't understand the cowboys, They are trying to win now yet they aren't going for reshad jones who is frankly more proven and probably can be had for a 3rd or 4th.. Minkah crying isn't making me like him anymore but if we can't get a 1st rounder i wouldn't trade him sorry cowboys. Minkah can suck it up this season because come 2020 if we get Tua our 13 draft picks and 120 million dollars to spend in free agency this season will be forgotten quickly if we field a talented team like we should be able to.

No. No. No. NO.

Don't these ****ers have someone who can manage the situation? Isn't there a grownup who can step in and mediate the feud between Flores and Minkah? Being a GM isn't about just drafting Mike Gesicki and Michael Dieter, it's also about managing the ****ing team like a GD grownup.

Fix the GD situation. You just drafted him a year ago 11th overall. It's piss poor management to take a guy and then sell him off so quickly.

I am warming up to a complete washout of all of these buffoons and the "respected" personnel/glorified scouts like Adam Engroff. We need a figure who knows how to run a organization AND is savvy identifying talent and magaing a roster/salary commitments.

This situation is damning of the current front office. I don't even think Grier understands that his neck is on the line with Minkah. He picked him--apparently over the objections of the owner--and now is willing to part with him, all out in public. He looks like an imbecile here. It's his ****ing guy. Idiot.
It would go a long way if we found a guy who knows how to scout and draft offensive linemen.

I was not a fan of Taco Charlton during the draft process. Thought he was over hyped and nothing special, he had size and that was about it.

That being said if we trade Minkah for Charlton then two 2nd round picks need to be added with Charlton at least.

That would be like someone trading with us for Charles Harris - both are major disappointments and I I'm tired of having guys like that on the team.

This isn't rocket science. PFF rated Minkah the #1 slot corner in the entire NFL in 2018. I agree that position flexibility is good for the team, but if you have a guy who is better than anyone in the league at a crucial position, PLAY HIM THERE.

Charlton would of been cut except he was a recent high draft pick. If we trade for him we would be a laughing stock for many years.

Exactly…Taco sucks…watched him in college thouroughly…was shocked many had him as a high draft pick...

He couldn't hold Trace Armstrongs jockstrap.

If they trade Fitzpatrick for anything other than a top 10 pick I’m done. What’s the point of trading him? This GM drafted him just a year ago. Why should I believe they’re going hit on any of this draft capital they accumulated?

If they trade Fitzpatrick for anything other than a top 10 pick I’m done. What’s the point of trading him? This GM drafted him just a year ago. Why should I believe they’re going hit on any of this draft capital they accumulated?
I'm afraid the ship has sailed with Mink publicly begging Eagle fans to ask for him there. He has checked out on Mia mentally and publicly so the genie is not going back into the bottle.
Your right though... No guarantee on anything this bunch has planned because they have a terrible track record from Boss Ross right on down.

F#@k no. Charlton is horrible. He has no talent at all. Fitzpatrick was the best slot corner in the NFL as a rookie! The fact that a guy with his personality, physical gifts, work ethic and production under cost control for 3 years after this season is being shopped is outrageous and goes to the depths of incompetence we're dealing with here. What they're doing is going to have negative consequences for many years, just watch.

Ain’t no one gonna make this trade straight up and I don’t blame them but to act like taco doesnt deserve a kick the tires in miami when everyone’s darling pre draft in jordan Willis is being cut outright is just dumb.

Kick the tires on everything if you are miami cause your talent level is at best low

Don't forget that Stephen Ross is a Michigan man and Taco Charlton went to Michigan. Mr Ross has donated $378M to the university and has the business school named after him.
Minkah is worth a lot more than Taco. However, if a deal is being negotiated - say a 1st, plus a 5th, plus Taco for Minkah - I can see Mr Ross quietly delighted to get his Wolverine to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom