Minkah & Wilkins were disappointing! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah & Wilkins were disappointing!

Even if he doesnt reach his potential you need avg starters on your football team. He wasnt a top 10 pick so its ok if he just ends up a solid starter, what you cant do is draft busts that is what sets you back. Look at Charles Harris, we missed on that and it set us back these past few seasons. We now have to us another 1st rounder or use alot of cap space to sign a DE, what we dont have to do is draft a DT early

What kind of upside do you think Wilkins has?

Tough to say. If you are expecting him to be prime Suh or Aaron Donald? You probably arent getting that. Can he be a guy that gets between 3 to 6 sacks a year and grades very well as a run defender? Absolutely. Honestly until we upgrade the edge rushers it's hard to say what Wilkins ceiling as a pass rusher is. But he and Godchaeux (and Jenkins) do a great job of eating up blocks.

I've seen some compare him to Geno Atkins and I dont think he will be the pass rusher he is but I see a very good NFL player

Wilkins finished strong, just like this team did.

As stated above, once we get some edge rush around him,I think he will be quite good for us. Really tough to tell with the skeleton crew we had up front this year. I do like what I saw from our Viking edge rusher from Wiscy.

I will pat you on the back.

It was a great call. Just like when I called my daughter (Ravens fan) to tell her they just drafted the most electrifying player to enter the NFL in many years.
What QBs don’t get injured btw? Brady, Breese, Rogers, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Watson, ALL miss games or entire seasons due to injury. So stop raining on a guy’s post. He’s likely correct that y Jackson is a brat and has led the Ravens to the best record in the entire league white shattering records allowing the way.

I guess you’d rather wait and have a conventional QB until we end up with a 14-2 record? Would you be happy or sad if a Kapernick “type” of running-throwing QB got us to the Super Bowl? Cause I don’t see the Dolphins in line to make the big game in the next decade
Give the guy credit on Jackson great call.

Im not giving credit to someone when it hasn’t played out yet. Still a long ways to go. You obviously lack the wisdom and experience to understand that. But I do not. Doesn’t seem to matter what evidence is presented, you’re gonna argue w/o merit.

Jackson has had a tremendous season. Lots of players have had that. Doesn’t mean he’ll be around doing it in another 5 years. And if he isn’t, it wasn’t the all world draft selection you guys are making it out to be now. That’s the point.

History tells me, the odds are long that Jackson is anything more than a shooting star. But like most gullible fans, you overreact to a small sample size. Again, that just tells me you lack perspective and experience. Your the kind of guy that crows when he has the lead in a game, but then has nothing to say when the game of over and you‘ve lost. The game isn‘t over yet.

Wilkins finished strong, just like this team did.

Wilkins had a good season, all things considered. Anyone saying otherwise just doesn’t know what they don’t know. As usual. They expect instant star status. What else is new.

The kid is going to be fine.

Just wanna say I called it on Jackson =p

Coming full circle with Minkah and Wilkins.... Minkah had that crazy couple games right after he was traded but since then he has been quiet. I'd like to see how PFF says he played this year. I still wish we would have just kept him but if we draft a good player with the 1'st we got back it won't be as big of a loss as some are making it out to be... I hope...

Wilkins has improved throughout the year in my opinion and seems to often either get some push or get double teamed. I'd like to see more sacks obviously but I think he is the type of player that will improve with experience. Thought he played really well today. This might end up being a pretty good draft pick.

I didn’t believe in Jackson, he’s proved me wrong although I still need to see the shelf life play out. I am still waiting for him to lay an egg when forced to pass but at this point I can’t come out of the woodwork and pretend I was right all along (like many here do all the time) when he’s been so consistent to this point. I’m still not sure it would have worked out in Miami with Adam Gase, Baltimore has done a masterful job maximizing Lamar skill set. Kudos to them, anyone but NE!

Im not giving credit to someone when it hasn’t played out yet. Still a long ways to go. You obviously lack the wisdom and experience to understand that. But I do not. Doesn’t seem to matter what evidence is presented, you’re gonna argue w/o merit.

Jackson has had a tremendous season. Lots of players have had that. Doesn’t mean he’ll be around doing it in another 5 years. And if he isn’t, it wasn’t the all world draft selection you guys are making it out to be now. That’s the point.

History tells me, the odds are long that Jackson is anything more than a shooting star. But like most gullible fans, you overreact to a small sample size. Again, that just tells me you lack perspective and experience. Your the kind of guy that crows when he has the lead in a game, but then has nothing to say when the game of over and you‘ve lost. The game isn‘t over yet.
Your arrogance on your post is overwhelming.

I lack the wisdom but you don't?
You don't give Jackson credit for a season like no QB had ever had?
Who cares if he doesn't do it another 5 seasons?

Total arrogant a$$hole d!c#head you are. GFY

Back
Top Bottom