Minkah & Wilkins were disappointing! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah & Wilkins were disappointing!

That’s exactly who he re

That’s exactly who he reminds me of too.

I just don't get the Jason Allen comparisons. Allen was a playmaker and an athlete who had a tendency to get way out of position and blow his coverage. When he was "on", which didn't happen that frequently, he was a game changer who could win games single-handedly. He didn't develop because this team was in love with guys who were the definition of "solid", who were usually in position but could rarely actually play a ball like Sean Smith.

Minkah doesn't generate turnovers like a highly drafted guy should, so when he starts blowing coverages, its really bad.

Maybe if they quit trying to be cute and move Minkah between multiple positions he could get his body right for that position and study that one position. Rather than having him be master of one position, they would rather he be average at 3. I dont know why miami always tried moving everybody around

I may be wrong, because whatever position Minkah was supposed to be playing today he rarely was, but wasn't he just playing the same position he played in last year and all of preseason this year? We just assumed that with McDonald gone he would switch back to a true safety.

To be fair the defensive play calling was simply bad at all points in the game. There was zero discipline. They disrespected the Ravens pass offense and allowed players to get past the safeties on a regular basis. On the one TD Brown had Minkah was on him in 1 on 1 coverage with no help over the top...after he had already scored a deep TD. The dude is the fastest guy on the field and you have a slot corner trying to cover him. Yes, Minkah missed a tackle to save the TD, but he should have never been in the position to have no help in the first place. Wilkins has a valid excuse. Our entire front 7 is pretty much playing out of position and it was his first game.

Most of you will recall how upset I was back in February, when the coaches would not commit to playing Fitzpatrick at FS where he truly belongs. Many of you told me to calm down, it was too early. Okay, here we are. He is playing out of position. His coaches are ruining his career right in front of our eyes. To the point where there are Dolphin fans here ready to call him a bust.

Reactions: WSE
At least Jason Allen got his hand on the football every once in a while. Heck, he won a season opener single handedly.
He actually had a lot of picks relative to games played. He could break on the ball - I’ll give him that.

Maybe if they quit trying to be cute and move Minkah between multiple positions he could get his body right for that position and study that one position. Rather than having him be master of one position, they would rather he be average at 3. I dont know why miami always tried moving everybody around
It’s exactly what they did to Jason Allen - the guy we are comparing him to now.

I just don't get the Jason Allen comparisons. Allen was a playmaker and an athlete who had a tendency to get way out of position and blow his coverage. When he was "on", which didn't happen that frequently, he was a game changer who could win games single-handedly. He didn't develop because this team was in love with guys who were the definition of "solid", who were usually in position but could rarely actually play a ball like Sean Smith.

Minkah doesn't generate turnovers like a highly drafted guy should, so when he starts blowing coverages, its really bad.
Allen had 16 picks in 98 games - not bad. His best season he had 6 - 3 for us, and 3 for the Texans. The next year he had 4, and then seems he got hurt at age 29 in the 4th game of the following year. 10 picks in final 2 seasons. I hope MF can put up those kind of numbers.

It’s exactly what they did to Jason Allen - the guy we are comparing him to now.

I guess the comparisons make a bit more sense when taking that into account. I'm just not sure what position Minkah is actually playing right now. Is he playing nickel?

Allen had 16 picks in 98 games - not bad. His best season he had 6 - 3 for us, and 3 for the Texans. The next year he had 4, and then seems he got hurt at age 29 in the 4th game of the following year. 10 picks in final 2 seasons. I hope MF can put up those kind of numbers.

You gotta remember too, he played very sporadically in many of those games too, and in his last season with us he only started the first slate of games because of some issue with either Vontae or Sean Smith that was unexpected, I can't remember why. We cut him after he blew a coverage late versus the Texans, which was pretty disappointing considering that his picks with us at the time were probably amount the rest of the secondary combined for the entire year (we were that bad). Not that picks are the be all end all, but when every guy in your secondary is one who can't play the ball, so smart QB's know they throw the ball to "covered" receivers with impunity, it holds your team back. It was hard to win with Henne generating inconsistent offense and regular turnovers while your defense was incapable of takeaways.

I know everyone is high on both these players but Minkah hasn’t proved anything yet in his two years. Still too early to tell especially when he had to play Burke’s system.

Wilkins a rookie is just that and time will tell also.

I think we need to be patient, I know it’s hard after the last 20 years

Sorry me and you have different views of Jason Allen lmao, Allen was so bad he couldn't even start his first 3 or 4 years in the league and when he did play it was very much an average safety.. Minkah is far better then jason allen, give him some time to grow into this defense too many people lose their minds after one game

Sorry me and you have different views of Jason Allen lmao, Allen was so bad he couldn't even start his first 3 or 4 years in the league and when he did play it was very much an average safety.. Minkah is far better then jason allen, give him some time to grow into this defense too many people lose their minds after one game

Good, bad, ugly, I'm saying that Allen had a knack for the INT (which is backed up by stats) that Minkah doesn't have. The two are very different players outside of being first round safeties who lacked position clarity.

This is what scares the s*** out of me, our past 2 (1st) round picks Minks and Wilkins played like trash. Our new strategy is to load up on picks but if we keep drafting players as such, we’re not going to be any good.

I’m not giving up on Minks but this game showed that he will never be elite (Xavien status). Elite players don’t have games this bad, it wasn’t even a scheme issue on a couple of those plays. When Hollywood Brown blew past him, Minks foot work was atrocious.

Fitzpatrick was terrible. I was at the game and close to the field. The biggest question mark really is if we trust the FO to use the abundance of picks and cap to choose the right players.

Yeah, this is a concern. It would be horrible to waste all of these picks and to endure this losing for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom