Minnesota Vikings Fire Offensive Coordinator Before Match Up W/miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minnesota Vikings Fire Offensive Coordinator Before Match Up W/miami

Although it’s true we won’t know his tendencies, they simply don’t have the time to vastly change the offense or learn tons of new plays. Playing late Monday and I’m assuming having their first practice tomorrow gives them 2-3 days to prepare with a new OC. I expect a similar offense with maybe more play action for this week. I wouldn’t want to be the team that plays them after this week after the OC has time to put new concepts in.

If we just stick to Man coverage what does it matter what they call?

Does this favor us (general disarray) or hinder us (surprise/unknown)?

I'd think it will help us. I think we need to prepare as we normally would and assume the MIN playbook remains the same. You can't just expect players to change direction so quickly on a short week. I'd think the play calling may be more aggressive, but the plays themselves should already be on tape.

You aren't gonna see a lot of changes in playcalling probably just less passing and more running
That is what all of the writers are saying about the HC, he wants to run more.
I don’t know if we can stop that. How many times have we hoped for a fast start so the opponent has to play from behind and pass? With no Xavier, I worry Cousins will have a good day.

Remember, despite their issues Cousins entered Mondays game with the Seahawks completing 70% of his passes on the season.
But...but...but...he's operating behind one of the worse o-lines in the NFL.

People will read that and not care. I can relate...really, really relate.

Not loving this. I feel like when this happens it wakes teams up for a week or two and they get some offensive traction. In reality they can't really implement much new on a short week, but the calls will look different. Harder for the D to prep for .
Does it really matter? It's not like Burke has had these guys prepared when they had a bunch of tape to study.

Burke is never prepared

Burke was actually well prepared for the Patriots' rushing attack on Sunday. Unfortunately, he is unwilling to reevaluate the way his team plays 3rd down pass defense and as a result teams will most likely continue to convert at a ridiculous pace against us on 3rd and long.

Burke was actually well prepared for the Patriots' rushing attack on Sunday. Unfortunately, he is unwilling to reevaluate the way his team plays 3rd down pass defense and as a result teams will most likely continue to convert at a ridiculous pace against us on 3rd and long.

I agree with you that Burke does not seem to do a good job of self evaluation. I find it interesting that the additions of Hood and Williams and increased use of the five man front occurred after Coach Gase was forced by the Jones incident to insert himself into planning for the defense.

P.S. The five man usage and acquisition of Hood and Williams are observations presented by CK during a three yards per carry podcast. The speculation that Coach Gase is responsible comes from me.

It's crazy how I have more confidence in our D stopping a 3rd and 1 than I do a 3rd and 9.

Back
Top Bottom