Misc Stuff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Misc Stuff

Sean LaChapelle said:

The part, as a Chiefs fan, that is hard to get across, Champ Bailey did not improve the Broncos last year. And he is supposed to be the #1 CB(I don't buy it).

The Chiefs brass has seen this with thier own eyes. They like Surtain, but they know the refs have handicaped CBs. Otherwise there is no way Eddie Kennison could make Champ Bailey his Bit#h...& he did burn him. 31 year old Kennison

Sean LaChapelle said:
The part, as a Chiefs fan, that is hard to get across, Champ Bailey did not improve the Broncos last year. And he is supposed to be the #1 CB(I don't buy it).

The Chiefs brass has seen this with thier own eyes. They like Surtain, but they know the refs have handicaped CBs. Otherwise there is no way Eddie Kennison could make Champ Bailey his Bit#h...& he did burn him. 31 year old Kennison

7 catches, 101 yards & 2 TDs against Bailey

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3519

this is why the Chiefs are not falling all over themselves to get Surtain

edit: Johnnie Morton didn't play

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2876/gamelog

The thing that a shutdown corner does is huge for any defense. When you have faith in a corner to leave him on an island with a reciever one on one the whole scheme of a defence could change and it allows to to expand your blitzing packages and opens up a defence in so many different ways. Obviosly every CB has a change of getting burnt and Surtain IMO is a better press corner than Bailey is and will be a bigger impact to a team b/c he can get in someones face be physical and take him out or play finesse and use his speed and instincts to cover. If im a D cordinator a shutdown corner like surtain is a dream come true.

Mcduffie81 said:
I would NOT be happy to get a 4th this yr and 2nd next. KC will have a better yr this yr which will make that 2nd crappier.

My thoughts exactly! :up:
They have to either cough up their 2nd this year or a 1st next year. Anything less than that, we should just keep Surtain.

Lazy1 said:
The thing that a shutdown corner does is huge for any defense. When you have faith in a corner to leave him on an island with a reciever one on one the whole scheme of a defence could change and it allows to to expand your blitzing packages and opens up a defence in so many different ways. Obviosly every CB has a change of getting burnt and Surtain IMO is a better press corner than Bailey is and will be a bigger impact to a team b/c he can get in someones face be physical and take him out or play finesse and use his speed and instincts to cover. If im a D cordinator a shutdown corner like surtain is a dream come true.

then why aren't other D cordinator's knocking down Miami's door to get him. And your taking Surtain out of Miami's D & inserting him into KC's D. He would have Knight to help out, but Bailey had John Lynch. It's not because Surtain isn't good, it's the handicapping of CBs

painnotpleasure said:
My thoughts exactly! :up:
They have to either cough up their 2nd this year or a 1st next year. Anything less than that, we should just keep Surtain.

If that's Sabans opinion as well you won't have to worry about trading him. He'll 100% be on your roster this year because nobody is going to give you 2 solid picks for someone his age, wear & tear, etc.

Noodleman is precisely right.........you guys are inflating Surtains value WAY to high. He's 28 years old w/questionable knees looking for a huge contract.....and like it has been already mentioned, draft picks are like gold these days. I'm not saying he's not worth @ least a 3rd but I wouldn't expect a 2nd rounder plus additional picks.....ain't gonna happen.

Sean LaChapelle said:
then why aren't other D cordinator's knocking down Miami's door to get him. And your taking Surtain out of Miami's D & inserting him into KC's D. He would have Knight to help out, but Bailey had John Lynch. It's not because Surtain isn't good, it's the handicapping of CBs

Other coach's did knock on our door to get surtain but werent in a position cap wise to get him. When surtain was allowed to seek a trade more than a few teams were interested right away... The fact that the chiefs are willing to sign Surtain to a huge deal and still give up draft picks for hm shows how important he is. Bailey did benefit from Lynch... but Surtan benifiting from Knight is false. Knight has only been here for the last 2 seasons and surtain was ballin out way before knight was even a dolphin, and knight is an average safety at best especially in coverage.

Lazy1 said:
Other coach's did knock on our door to get surtain but werent in a position cap wise to get him. When surtain was allowed to seek a trade more than a few teams were interested right away... The fact that the chiefs are willing to sign Surtain to a huge deal and still give up draft picks for hm shows how important he is. Bailey did benefit from Lynch... but Surtan benifiting from Knight is false. Knight has only been here for the last 2 seasons and surtain was ballin out way before knight was even a dolphin, and knight is an average safety at best especially in coverage.

What exactly is your point

If shutdown corners are as important as you say, then some team would make the cap space to get him! Don't get me wrong, I love the Fins and think Surtain is a top 5-10 corner in this league but the reality is that you don't need a shutdown corner to win or have a great defense(See the Patriots). The reason we are not seeing teams try to get him is that draft picks are more important than you seem to think. A 2nd this year or next year matters little. It only matters what you do with the pick. If you are a good evaluater of talent you will make the pick into a good player, if not you won't. Two picks in the middle rounds for Surtain is a good trade for the fins(IMO). It doesn't matter if its this year or next, if Miami gets a 2nd thats good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom