Miscellaneous Thoughts on The Dolphins After Watching the Playoffs | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miscellaneous Thoughts on The Dolphins After Watching the Playoffs

You kind of inferred it…but I disagreed with paying 2 first round picks for Waddle.

It’s goes without saying that Grier has botched some high picks that have set this team back in its quest for a Super Bowl.

That would require the presumption that all first round picks are successful.

They aren't all successful!

they havent won a playoff game in 20 years
Yea, but they got there this year with a rookie head coach, the offence is the best it’s been since Marino, and the D has talent, hopefully maximized with a different scheme next year… more importantly the team was competitive in the wildcard game- looked like they belonged despite missing a number of starters including #1 and his back up- we’re closer than we have been in years to winning that playoff game- keep it positive bro

Yea, but they got there this year with a rookie head coach, the offence is the best it’s been since Marino, and the D has talent, hopefully maximized with a different scheme next year… more importantly the team was competitive in the wildcard game- looked like they belonged despite missing a number of starters including #1 and his back up- we’re closer than we have been in years to winning that playoff game- keep it positive bro

Details, details, details. - LOL

That would require the presumption that all first round picks are successful.

They aren't all successful!
No Ray…but to build a champion you need to do better with the premium picks than we have…it can be argued that all three first rounders from 2020 were botched!

The Tua pick being due to ignoring his injury history…I really don’t see how Grier rates better than a C with his drafting overall..?

That might be good enough for some fans, I expected a higher success rate with premium picks….

hey bro, neither positive or negative, just objective and fact based. being told to keep it positive is silly, been sold that bill of goods for 20 years.

so you are happy being a loser? congrats I guess, nice to go through life with no expectations. ignorance is bliss they say!
I expect greatness, I just don't wallow in despair and negativity on the journey to achieve it. My life continues to be blessed. I wish the same for you in sunny San Diego.

No Ray…but to build a champion you need to do better with the premium picks than we have…it can be argued that all three first rounders from 2020 were botched!

The Tua pick being due to ignoring his injury history…I really don’t see how Grier rates better than a C with his drafting overall..?

That might be good enough for some fans, I expected a higher success rate with premium picks….

Why, when the going success rate for top level 1st round picks is ~ 50% successful.
Being successful isn't picking a "Fan Favorite" but is getting a player who can stay for 5 years and develop a good set of stats over 5 years - enough to get a good offer in FA.

It's not hard to add talent in the 1st round. Drafting need over BPA will net 50%.

Most vets around here knew Grier would blow those 3 first rounders.

You could say he botched the 2019 1st round too. While Wilkins is a top 6 DT, he is no Jeff Simmons. If he drafted Simmons, he would have not needed to draft Davis the following year. I bet if you ranked GMs, Grier would be somewhere in the bottom 1/3 of the league and he‘s been the Dolphins GM for 6 or 7 years with 1 playoff game in that time.

You could say he botched the 2019 1st round too. While Wilkins is a top 6 DT, he is no Jeff Simmons. If he drafted Simmons, he would have not needed to draft Davis the following year. I bet if you ranked GMs, Grier would be somewhere in the bottom 1/3 of the league and he‘s been the Dolphins GM for 6 or 7 years with 1 playoff game in that time.
Christian Wilkins is not a "botched" 1st round pick. He can hold his own with Jeff Simmons. 94 has been excellent the last two years. You want to knock Grier, that's fine. Plenty of other things to do that. Just because they used one of their five 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 on Davis doesn't mean they "botched" the Wilkins pick. You said yourself he's a top 6 DT! Your take is not a good one.

hey bro, neither positive or negative, just objective and fact based. being told to keep it positive is silly, been sold that bill of goods for 20 years.
Thank You Mr Hindsight!! You are such a breath of fresh air and so informative. Mods do your job here.

Christian Wilkins is not a "botched" 1st round pick. He can hold his own with Jeff Simmons. 94 has been excellent the last two years. You want to knock Grier, that's fine. Plenty of other things to do that. Just because they used one of their five 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 on Davis doesn't mean they "botched" the Wilkins pick. You said yourself he's a top 6 DT! Your take is not a good one.

Wasn't Davis the pick Flo was so excited about?

Back
Top Bottom