Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better

Isnt there enough threads about replacing Tua with QBs that might actually be available?

Impossible to know and also irrelevant at this point.
On the one hand that’s a fair point.

On the other, if Herbert who just threw 5 touchdowns Sunday and brought his team back to beat the browns 47 to 42 becomes the best QB in the league or one of the best QB’s in the league in the stratosphere of Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes, and if Tua does not for whatever reason, injuries or what have you, then it will torture the fanbase for years to come, and hopefully, the FO in place that made that decision, Tua over Herbert will be held accountable for that huge blunder and miss. It will also become part of the storied history of the Miami Dolphins Of missing qbs or picking the wrong one: Culpepper over Brees, drafting Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan, drafting Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers, not drafting Lamar Jackson, and drafting Tua who was coming off of a massive injury over Justin Herbert.

That being said, I am rooting for Tua and hope he is allowed to reach his potential, and that he is able to stay healthy and uninjured. I think he has some elite traits and can be great, but his biggest weakness is his durability which I hope is something he can overcome.

Last edited:
why do people keep bringing this up? the fact is he was drafted by the chargers. I know some wish he was here, but get over it. woulda coulda shoulda. bringing it up over and over doesnt change anything. everyone needs to stop whining

why do people keep bringing this up? the fact is he was drafted by the chargers. I know some wish he was here, but get over it. woulda coulda shoulda. bringing it up over and over doesnt change anything. everyone needs to stop whining

The fact is that we could have drafted him. You don’t see nearly as much talk about Joe Burrows because we couldn’t have drafted him. But Herbert, we passed on him for a injury prone QB that has a ton of ???. It shows how bad our front office is.

We are unfairly downplaying his greatness each and every time we say he will get killed in this team. He would instantly be an upgrade over anyone, and make our drives more competitive. He wouldn’t be the first qb to play in an average line. Defenses already know what we are capable so that gives them an edge.
Agree completely. Herbert was the one. It wouldn’t have mattered whether he ended up in LA Miami Jax Cincy or Timbuktu he was going to be great.

Be careful starting threads like bc some people like rlandn or whatever his name is will have a sissy fit and scream at you lol.

Let’s be honest. The Bama boys on finheaven did run Herbert down prior to the draft and oversold Tua.

I don’t dislike Tua, preferred Herbert but I’m still happy with what we’ve got. But these are the facts.

Herbert is a big strong kid who is very athletic getting outside the pocket and can throw like beast while on the run
He stepped into a pretty good situation with a quality TE and WRs who actually get separation.
IMO he woulda had a lot of trouble playing in this offense last year and this year but may have stayed healthy because of his size and ahtletism. But I believe he’d already had a bit more success than Tua has had. And that’s not to say Tua won’t be successful, but when you are smart and have a cannon like Herbert does, it goes a long way to curing a few things

The level of negativity from some of the members on this board is truly amazing. It's always doom and gloom. This is the first time in a long time I don't look forward to reading post on this forum

That Herbert pick is going make lot dolphins fans mad in future.. herbert is going be star in NFL it show how bad our Gm have been in last 20 yr..picking Tua must have been Ross pick..

Last edited:
We are unfairly downplaying his greatness each and every time we say he will get killed in this team. He would instantly be an upgrade over anyone, and make our drives more competitive. He wouldn’t be the first qb to play in an average line. Defenses already know what we are capable so that gives them an edge.

I agree, and those who argue anything else are in complete denial. Chargers O line was terrible Herberts rookie year and all he did was stay healthy all year and break rookie QB passing records. Oh and Chargers head coach got fired after that.

Don't be in denial Tua Cult, it's so unhealthy.

That Herbert pick is going make lot dolphins fans mad in future.. herbert is going be star in NFL it show how bad our Gm have been in last 20 yr..picking Tua must have been Ross pick..

Well I do wonder who wanted Tua and who wanted Herbert because there were soooo many reports that Dolphins REALLY liked Herbert and really investigated him as a prospect. I'm sure there were some Tua fans and Herbert fans but who had the final say? I'm getting it was Ross and Grier was just a "yes man". Although I can't blame them, I preferred Tua over Herbert but I also don't get paid millions or do this for a living.

I guess that T-Bum was right and we all laughed when he said he would draft Herbert over Tua.

If we had drafted him, our coaches would have done a terrible job, he may not have developed over the past year and a half, and we could be wishing we'd drafted Tua. We have no idea how it would have turned out.
No idea? Come on. Fitz had the career moments in this offense. Herbert would take the heat off the oline and push the ball downfield. There's no way to down play it. We have to eat **** on this one...again. Nothing we can do but hope Tua develops into a good QB or move on to the next thing.

On some level he's right that we can't know how things would be going, but its also disingenuous.

I've noticed two lines of argument for Tua, but the crazy thing is they contradict each other and the same people use both.

Line A: Tua IS playing well because of the circumstances and he is leading this team to wins.

Line B: No QB could play well under these circumstances.

Since I see tons of people that go with line A first, projecting Herbert to us shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom