Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better

It’s irrelevant but the great ones do that. He would be the spark that would make us a good team for a long time. But it doesn’t matter. We need to figure out how to be a good team for a long time with a different QB.

He wouldn’t be the first qb to play in an average line.
Using the word “fact” in the title and the quoted sentence in the post, displays a disconnect from reality in which there are no facts.

We are unfairly downplaying his greatness each and every time we say he will get killed in this team. He would instantly be an upgrade over anyone, and make our drives more competitive. He wouldn’t be the first qb to play in an average line. Defenses already know what we are capable so that gives them an edge.

The debate will be over "better." Herbert would likely make the O "better." The debate is how much better. First, would he have beaten out Fitz? I don't know. Second, the OL and receivers were quite bad and became worse as the season progressed. I'm confident his play would have been worse in MIA, but the O would have been some better.

Herbert would make the entire team better , there should be no question. Not just the offense. Stars like Herbert , give the team and orginization hope , the players around him HAVE to elevate their own play. The only question I have is if our coaching staff would have mismanaged him like they did Tua
Anthony Lynn tried real hard and still couldn't kill the kid.

Kid had the worst line in the league last year and still managed. So the whole "can't evaluate behind this line" is also bull.

The level of negativity from some of the members on this board is truly amazing. It's always doom and gloom. This is the first time in a long time I don't look forward to reading post on this forum
Dude
No offense but you are clueless. Try being a fan of this team since 79 or at least the most dysfunctional last 20 years then tell me about doom and gloom. These fans get a pass as far as I’m concerned

There's no way to know how Herbert would do in Miami. Pre-draft there was debate on how Herbert would do in Alabama and Tua in Oregon. Again, all we can do is speculate.

We have to move on from Herbert. Miami drafted Tua and his development is what matters. If he's not the guy, draft another quarterback.

Well I do wonder who wanted Tua and who wanted Herbert because there were soooo many reports that Dolphins REALLY liked Herbert and really investigated him as a prospect. I'm sure there were some Tua fans and Herbert fans but who had the final say? I'm getting it was Ross and Grier was just a "yes man". Although I can't blame them, I preferred Tua over Herbert but I also don't get paid millions or do this for a living.

I guess that T-Bum was right and we all laughed when he said he would draft Herbert over Tua.
Please don’t bring up Tbaum. He sucked at player personnel and of course he’d say that after the fact so he could score another job and steal money

I really don't understand what's wrong with saying I like both QB's........some people think you have to love one and hate the other. I know that all comes from people taking sides while they were both in college. It's ok to praise one without having to hate on the other.
Agree. I would have taken Tua, but I was very intrigued by Herbert. I'm glad he's doing well with the Chargers. But let's not forget LA's offensive line is ranked 7th by PFF, while Miami's is last.

The fact is that we could have drafted him. You don’t see nearly as much talk about Joe Burrows because we couldn’t have drafted him. But Herbert, we passed on him for a injury prone QB that has a ton of ???. It shows how bad our front office is.
ok so we could have drafted rodges and wilson also, doesnt mean we need to cry about it. its a soft mentality to sit around and cry about crap you cant control. let it go. we have who we have, so no need to play the woulda coulda shoulda game.

Agree. I would have taken Tua, but I was very intrigued by Herbert. I'm glad he's doing well with the Chargers. But let's not forget LA's offensive line is ranked 7th by PFF, while Miami's is last.
Where were they ranked when he won rookie of the year.

If he showed playing like this in college he would’ve been drafted #1 overall and would’ve gone to the bengals so this talk is all moot. He would’ve never made it to 5 and this team still would’ve drafted Tua.

Herbert would look like marriota with our offense. No mike williams, no keenan allen, no austin ekeler, no offensive line. I'll have whatever ur smoking. I already said this in another thread, we would all be flaming grier for not taking the obvious pick in tua. There is nuance involved, you guys are so results oriented its insane.
We and myself included would have flamed on draft day. After we saw a season from both we would be calling Grier a genius and the chargers woild be going through what we are
Franchise qbs can mask most issues. Herbert can , Tua clearly hasn’t shown that as of yet. So you can be on the lazy thinkers that blames everything on the line or the defense or weapons. Herbert would have proved you wrong

If you think Herbert comes in here with this OL last year and Isiah Ford, Grant, and Hollins, Bowden and the musical chairs of below average RB's we shuffles in last year that Tua had and is has even close to the same year he had, ....you are delusional. Use some common sense man! I should have stopped when you said our OL was average LOL. BTW, Tua beat Herbert straight up with a 2 TD performance with crap to throw to. Our best receiver was a busted up Parker. It is a significant help to have MULTIPLE receivers you can just throw it up to. I like Herbert a lot, but he is in a MUCH better situation with weapons and play calling than Tua has had. It is night and day.

Back
Top Bottom