Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better

We are unfairly downplaying his greatness each and every time we say he will get killed in this team. He would instantly be an upgrade over anyone, and make our drives more competitive. He wouldn’t be the first qb to play in an average line. Defenses already know what we are capable so that gives them an edge.
Well they are already putting him in maholmes and allen category. Yea i think an mvp candidate would have made a difference. Put another way....would you trade tua straight up for herbert?

I really don't understand what's wrong with saying I like both QB's........some people think you have to love one and hate the other. I know that all comes from people taking sides while they were both in college. It's ok to praise one without having to hate on the other.

Honestly, I been seeing the Herbert would get killed in this team statement way too much in here. The Chargers line last season was ranked worst than ours (last season's line), and look at the numbers he put up. This year the chargers added better players in the line and he is still producing really good.

Well they are already putting him in maholmes and allen category. Yea i think an mvp candidate would have made a difference. Put another way....would you trade tua straight up for herbert?
I’d trade Tua and this years first for Herbert right now without thinking twice about it.

Considering Herbert won NFL ROY and is the discussion for NFL MVP in his second year, I think the OP is correct.

Going along with these "ifs"...

If Flores didn't make so many mistakes on the OL this offseason, we wouldn't haven't been a shite show for the for the first 4 weeks.

Flores should have had Eichenberg competing at LT from the jump instead of at LG. He should have seen that Eich was a better LT earlier.

He should have left Hunt at RT.

If Grier would not have drafted a mediocre guard with the 19th pick in the 2020 draft or a practice squad player at 30, we could have filled some other premium positions. He should not have passed on so many centers over the past couple of years.

If Flores never fires O'Shea this team is a contender. Failure after failure, firing after firing, who tf would want to work for that guy? I know I wouldn't, there zero loyalty unless you're a defensive coach. So freaking stupid to throw away your dreams, for what exactly afterall??

ok so we could have drafted rodges and wilson also, doesnt mean we need to cry about it. its a soft mentality to sit around and cry about crap you cant control. let it go. we have who we have, so no need to play the woulda coulda shoulda game.
Just ignore him. He likes to call Tua injury prone after 1 injury in college and now 1 in the pros, and yet doesn't mention Herbert missed substantial time at Oregon with a broken collarbone.

By his low/dumb standards, I guess we could say Herbert is "injury prone" the second he gets hurt in the pros.

This is just Tua lovers moan: nobody would be good on this team. Yeah right, they would trade their mother if Herbert was available.

Considering Herbert won NFL ROY and is the discussion for NFL MVP in his second year, I think the OP is correct.

Going along with these "ifs"...

If Flores didn't make so many mistakes on the OL this offseason, we wouldn't haven't been a ****e show for the for the first 4 weeks.

Flores should have had Eichenberg competing at LT from the jump instead of at LG. He should have seen that Eich was a better LT earlier.

He should have left Hunt at RT.

If Grier would not have drafted a mediocre guard with the 19th pick in the 2020 draft or a practice squad player at 30, we could have filled some other premium positions. He should not have passed on so many centers over the past couple of years.

Justifying arguments that are baseless is one thing, but to disregard a great QB making the rest of the team better because you feel like cherry picking our pick is just nonsensical.

Please don’t bring up Tbaum. He sucked at player personnel and of course he’d say that after the fact so he could score another job and steal money
Not debating how bad Tannenbaum was, but he was in Hebert’s camp before the draft, if I recall correctly. I remember he said we were actually inclined to pick Herbert a couple of weeks leading up to the draft.

Not debating how bad Tannenbaum was, but he was in Hebert’s camp before the draft, if I recall correctly. I remember he said we were actually inclined to pick Herbert a couple of weeks leading up to the draft.
If that’s the case I cant argue but i jumped on that because he’s the master of being an armchair QB

I started looking at Herbert before the 2020 draft primarily due to the injury concerns of Tua (2 ankle surgeries and severe hip injury) (Herbert not without his own issues) and was surprised at the draft. Having said that, Tua is a tough Kid with a lot of adversity and I am more than willing to give him a chance behind a repaired decent o-line.

We are unfairly downplaying his greatness each and every time we say he will get killed in this team. He would instantly be an upgrade over anyone, and make our drives more competitive. He wouldn’t be the first qb to play in an average line. Defenses already know what we are capable so that gives them an edge.
Totally disagree. Everyone telling themselves that "oh Herbert would have been doomed here if we picked him as well" is just lying to themselves and avoiding the reality of it all. Herbert would clearly make this offense better.
He's a much bigger and better QB than Tua. His arm strength is superior in every way and last time I checked Herbert is healthy ( unlike our fragile QB )

Back
Top Bottom