Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Misconstructed fact: Herbert wouldn’t make this offense better

I really don't understand what's wrong with saying I like both QB's........some people think you have to love one and hate the other. I know that all comes from people taking sides while they were both in college. It's ok to praise one without having to hate on the other.
For me it wasn’t about that…I just never got wanting Tua over Herbert. Beyond the physical superiority was the red flag of Tua’s injuries.

Dont believe the Chargers weren't mismanaging HERBERT. The only reason he got in was because of the attempted murder of Tyrod Taylor.
People forget this fact..

His own coach stated Herbert was the backup for a reason.

If not for the punctured lung, Herbert's career may be very diferrent.

Glad the kid has taken full advantage of his oportunity.

Hear that, guys? The quarterback that broke some of Marino’s rookie records and is one of the top passers in the league would be a scrub if he were a Dolphin. Let’s all feel great about that. And ignore the fact that the team is so bad it would make Herbert look like Marriota but somehow Tua will overcome.
That’s a damn good take.

I really don't understand what's wrong with saying I like both QB's........some people think you have to love one and hate the other. I know that all comes from people taking sides while they were both in college. It's ok to praise one without having to hate on the other.
Agreed 100%. I started a thread saying the exact same thing last week. They both can turn out great.

If you think Herbert comes in here with this OL last year and Isiah Ford, Grant, and Hollins, Bowden and the musical chairs of below average RB's we shuffles in last year that Tua had and is has even close to the same year he had, ....you are delusional. Use some common sense man! I should have stopped when you said our OL was average LOL. BTW, Tua beat Herbert straight up with a 2 TD performance with crap to throw to. Our best receiver was a busted up Parker. It is a significant help to have MULTIPLE receivers you can just throw it up to. I like Herbert a lot, but he is in a MUCH better situation with weapons and play calling than Tua has had. It is night and day.
What exactly did you see from Herbert last year that leads you to believe that he wouldn't have been as good as Fitz or Tua on this team? Because in my opinion, Herbert with last years Dolphins' team has the same success or better than what Tua or Fitz had here.

And you mentioned that "Tua beat Herbert straight up" but that statement is misleading and it's not like both QB's were going back and forth to qualify it as one QB beating the other. Everyone that watched that game also knows Herbert looked and played better than Tua despite playing on the losing team. It was really a Dolphins team effort to beat the Chargers.

We both agree, and I don't think anyone can deny it, that Herbert is in a better situation than Tua is in now. However, last year Tua was in a better situation than Herbert, but Herbert was already showing he was the better prospect coming out of college.

Its an issue that we will never get an accurate answer too. Herbert is good, no doubt, but his O line is good.

Now, if we swapped QB's, and Tua was in SD, playing behind that line, would his stats be like Herberts?

If Herbert was playing behind our O line, would he be survive and would he be getting criticized like Tua is?

No One Knows.

Its an issue that we will never get an accurate answer too. Herbert is good, no doubt, but his O line is good.

Now, if we swapped QB's, and Tua was in SD, playing behind that line, would his stats be like Herberts?

If Herbert was playing behind our O line, would he be survive and would he be getting criticized like Tua is?

No One Knows.
Actually we have some insight. As Herberts OL last season was ranked lower than our current line, if Herbert were playing for us now, he would be playing about the same as his rookie season, but have a year more experience. I love Herbert, but I don’t blame the Phins for drafting Tua. I think Tua can be a very good QB with the proper surrounding cast. Top 10 QB and can win championships.

Herbert will be top 3 QB and contend every year for the next 10-15 years.

PS. Cheers to Sydney. A great place in an amazing country!

Not sure. I saw numbers for this year. But I think we can all agree he had better offensive talent around him than Tua did in Miami.
It’s getting funny watching Herbert rise to the top of the NFL and Tua believers scrambling to make excuses for Herbert’s success!

We missed on getting an exceptional talent…it’s that’s simple!

Not sure. I saw numbers for this year. But I think we can all agree he had better offensive talent around him than Tua did in Miami.
Ekeler is special no doubt...He got hurt but was tearing it up before that and now he is back and tearing it up again. Id dare say they have more talent and toughness at WR and TE than Miami. I do believe the OL is marginal but thats where Herbert comes in...smart with the ball, strong & tall enough to see the entire field.
I hate to say it but I lived through Marino's rise and I see lots of similarities...Lots of them.

Herbert is elevating the entire offense and they trust him. If you throw out just being a fan of the Dolphins and consider the battles shaping up Josh Allen vs Herbert will be epic for seasons to come. The only problem is Miami may not have a dog in the fight.

It’s getting funny watching Herbert rise to the top of the NFL and Tua believers scrambling to make excuses for Herbert’s success!

We missed on getting an exceptional talent…it’s that’s simple!
Herbert looks great. Just saying it's not an apples to apples comparison that's all.

I don't think there's a Miami fan that wouldn't trade that 2020 first round for Herbert, Jefferson and Taylor, or someone other than Iggy.

I do believe Tua will be a good quarterback, though.

Ugh, I hate Grier so bad. So ****ing bad. I hope you die of gonorrhea and rot in hell Grier. Cookie... laces out!!! (What reference)

Imagine having Herbert and Jefferson? Instead we got lame Tua and jackson.. what in the actual ****????

Back
Top Bottom