misuse of talent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

misuse of talent

plc001

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If both carey and wade excel in their new positions, wouldn't that say alot about the aweful misuse of talent with the old coaching staff. That would be a large part of why we were underachieving. It's interesting that these players are being considered for different roles, at least shows the new coaching staff thinks outside the box.

Not only a misue of talent but more pointedly the ineptitude for judging talent.

i hope all it was is a misuse of talent because they were terrible last year

I actually hope our OL goes like this

LT- St. Clair
LG- James
C- Smith
RG- Carey
RT- McDougle

An athletic left side of the line. If Smith can make the transition then a quick center with good leg drive. The right side would be huge.

Jaj said:
I actually hope our OL goes like this

LT- St. Clair
LG- James
C- Smith
RG- Carey
RT- McDougle

An athletic left side of the line. If Smith can make the transition then a quick center with good leg drive. The right side would be huge.
Carey's worst year at Miami was at RG! Thats the worst thing we could do to him. hes shown he can handle playing in space and that he can be a very good Tackle. Its much harder to find an good player who can play out there. St Clair is better equiped to play inside because his mobility and experience (Center in college) would allow him to get out on LB's and Safeties making him a great asset there.

Wade Smith I think actually is faster than St. Clair believe it or not on the inside. St. Clair has long arms to play LT. It's possible Carey might play RT and if McDougle were moved inside it might be better. Your right that is a possibility.

Jaj said:
Wade Smith I think actually is faster than St. Clair believe it or not on the inside. St. Clair has long arms to play LT. It's possible Carey might play RT and if McDougle were moved inside it might be better. Your right that is a possibility.
Except that McDougle has never played inside, doesnt move that great because of his weight and has the chance to be a dominant RT making it a foolish move. St Clair has that versitility and the ability to make such a move as well as some experience.

Another option would be playing Smith at C and ST Clair at RG. That kind of mobility would allow us to do a lot in respect to pulling the those guys or sending them upfield to attack a certain area/player

jbond said:
Not only a misue of talent but more pointedly the ineptitude for judging talent.

This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

I went through this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.

BullDurham said:
This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

I went with this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.

McDougle can play RG if he loses a little bit of weight.

BullDurham said:

I went with this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
Well some people like Pete Carroll and Lou Holtz are simply better equiped to handle the college level. they were/are both great recruiters because of their honesty and ability to teach as well as be nice guys but that doesnt always work with pro athletes. The methods have to change and adaptable. I wouldnt be at all surprised if pitt became a good program because parents want to know that their son will be taken care of and for all wanny's bad points hes not a bad guy and he does know defense.

Jaj said:
McDougle can play RG if he loses a little bit of weight.
But why would you send him to learn a new position when hes very good at his current spot? St Clair has played interior Ol and so it wouldnt be as big an adjustment. Part of we're looking for is stability and to shuffle as few people to unfamiliar spots as possible. With your logic we would possibily have a C with No C experience in smith and RG with no RG experience in Stockar. Sorry, not personal but i dont like that :shakeno:

Yes but your looking for this OL to become something special as the season goes on. Tony Wise tried to do this too he just had the wrong talent for his out-of-date system.

Boik14 said:
Well some people like Pete Carroll and Lou Holtz are simply better equiped to handle the college level. they were/are both great recruiters because of their honesty and ability to teach as well as be nice guys but that doesnt always work with pro athletes. The methods have to change and adaptable. I wouldnt be at all surprised if pitt became a good program because parents want to know that their son will be taken care of and for all wanny's bad points hes not a bad guy and he does know defense.

Would you trust him with your kid, knowing his idiocy at evaluating offensive talent (see previous drafts, FA signings, trades, and training camps for what I mean)? YOUR KID WOULD GET KILLED IN HIS SYSTEM!!!

Also, remember that his loyalty to crappy coaches did him in in Miami, so what makes you think he won't change his tune at Pitt?

EDIT: Plus, I don't think I can ever forgive him for what he did to the Dolphins. That really weighs on my head.

Jaj said:
Yes but your looking for this OL to become something special as the season goes on. Tony Wise tried to do this too he just had the wrong talent for his out-of-date system.
Ya but you also dont want your qb getting killed the 1st few games while they adjust. The best OL we could throw out imo is:

Carey
Jeno
Smith/McKinney/Hadnot
St Clair
McDougle

Those are our most talented guys and the best guy equipped to play their positions.

Boik14 said:
Ya but you also dont want your qb getting killed the 1st few games while they adjust. The best OL we could throw out imo is:

Carey
Jeno
Smith/McKinney/Hadnot
St Clair
McDougle

Those are our most talented guys and the best guy equipped to play their positions.

I think that would be very stupid if you have St. Clair play RG. That would be his worst position. He'd be a better LT than Carey and Carey the better RG.

Back
Top Bottom