Mixon a Vike | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mixon a Vike

SkinsHQ

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Mixon

Hey,

Apparantly my skins have contacted Kenny Mixon .. what can you guys tell me about him? It looks like he started 16 games for you guys last year but only managed 2 sacks. Looking at his old stuff from when he was a prospect, he was described as 'first round talent with mid-round bagage'. Did these personal issues surface at all in the NFL for him? What do you guys think of him as a player?

Decent run stopper, not as good as JT, but decent. Doesn't rush the QB well. (Which hurt JT's sack total) Misses a tackle here and there but is overall a pretty good run stopping DE. Can play a little DT but gets pushed around REALLY easily by the better Guards and Centers in the league. Just hope you don't pay him too much. He's decent though.

Re: Mixon

Originally posted by SkinsHQ
Hey,

Apparantly my skins have contacted Kenny Mixon .. what can you guys tell me about him? It looks like he started 16 games for you guys last year but only managed 2 sacks. Looking at his old stuff from when he was a prospect, he was described as 'first round talent with mid-round bagage'. Did these personal issues surface at all in the NFL for him? What do you guys think of him as a player?

Nope no baggage. However it depends on the skins needs because Mixon is only a run stopping DE. If your looking for a sack guy then it would have been better to look at Bromell. If I were you I'd be praying they don't spend more then 1.4 million a season on him because he's average.

Mixon can't get any sacks, he is a good run stopper though. He isn't worth more then 800K a year in my mind.

thanks for the info, guys! I don't see him getting a big contract although we need bodies on the defensive line .. we're very thin right now .. we may be gearing towards a 3-4 although thats unknown right now.

2.5 Mil a year

:eek: :eek:

Vikings | Offer Out - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:34 PT: According to the Star Tribune, the Minnesota Vikings have made an offer to free agent DL Kenny Mixon (Dolphins). It is reportedly worth about $2.5 million per season. As previously noted, Mixon is scheduled to visit Cincinnati today and could make a decision by the weekend.

that's a ridiculous amount for Mix unless it is all back-loaded

in related news:
NFL | Negotiations Underway - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:35 PT: According to the Star Tribune, an unknown NFL team has opened contract negotiations with free agent DL Lorenzo Bromell (Dolphins). The Vikings are after him too.

Vikings | Mixon Agrees to 5-year Deal - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
12:09 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have landed free agent DE Kenny Mixon (Dolphins). The two sides agreed to a five-year, $17 million deal that includes a $3.4 million signing bonus and base salaries of $600,000 (2002), $2 million (2003), $2.6 million (2004), $3.8 million (2005) and $4.5 million (2006).

Mixon

is basically an irrelevant loss...it would have been o.k. to re-sign him, but we have enough run stoppers with Bowens, Chester and Gardener. Gardener is supposed to move over to LDE anyway and I would like to see more of Adenwale Ogunleye and David Bowens, maybe they will resign Bromell too...

Not a big deal, although a real waste for the Vikings, although it appears to be a two year deal and then out the door from the structure of it.

Back
Top Bottom