Mjd's Mock On Nfln.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mjd's Mock On Nfln....

If we could trade down a few spots and still land Fitzpatrick that would be amazing

Assuming all of the ideal 4 defenders (imo) all go in front of us (fitz, James, smith, Edmunds) i would for sure target LVE in a trade down
If one of the top QBs are still there and we can move down one with the Bills and still get Fitz or Edmunds....talk about ideal.

If we could trade down a few spots and still land Fitzpatrick that would be amazing

Assuming all of the ideal 4 defenders (imo) all go in front of us (fitz, James, smith, Edmunds) i would for sure target LVE in a trade down

This board seems to love LVE. Rashaan Evans is a better player and is more NFL ready

Edmunds is the one player in this draft that we absolutely cannot pass on. However, picking up an extra pick and still getting Minkah would be huge. I wouldn't pass on Edmunds though. I don't care who is on the board or what the trade offers are.

You're talking about an NFL ready 19 year old with the absolute top level potential. Not to mention that he fills our biggest area of need. In next year's draft, a weaker QB class, he would easily be a top 3-5 pick. Personally, I wouldn't draft Chubb over him. I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft with all things considered.

I agree that Edmunds and Smith are close, but Edmunds' potential/ceiling is what bumps him ahead. Fitzpatrick vs. James is more debatable. These four guys.... We've got to walk away from this draft with one of them. That's for certain.

You can't just assume that a player is going to pick up the mental aspect of the game. Right now, Roquan Smith is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Edmunds in terms of understanding and reacting to plays.

Not to mention, Roquan's leadership is second to none in this class.

You can't just assume that a player is going to pick up the mental aspect of the game. Right now, Roquan Smith is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Edmunds in terms of understanding and reacting to plays.

Man give me a LB with Elite level instincts any day that is what Roquan has shown that is also what makes Fitzpatrick to good that film study and instinct that is on another level.

Physically Edmunds is barley better that Smith I mean Smith actually beats him in the categorizes they both competed in. Edmunds does have the size to to potentially take on blockers better.

Tremaine Edmunds | No. 49 | Virginia Tech
Height: 6044 | Weight: 253 lbs. | Age 19 (20 in May)
Arm: 34 1/2” | Hand: 9 3/8” | 40 Time: 4.54
10 yd Split: 1.60 | Vertical: DNP | Broad: 9’9”
20 yd Shuttle: DNP | 3 Cone: DNP | Bench: 19 | Flying 20: 1.89
*DNP = Did not participate

Roquan Smith | No. 3 | Georgia
Height: 6007 | Weight: 236 lbs. | Age 21
Arm: 32” | Hand: 10” | 40 Time: 4.51
10 yd Split: 1.58 | Vertical: 33 1/2” | Broad: 9’9”
20 yd Shuttle: DNP | 3 Cone: DNP | Bench: DNP | Flying 20: 1.88

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4...couting-reports-tremaine-edmunds-roquan-smith

Last edited:
This Ruben Foster situation might push SF to take Smith or Edmunds.

If Nelson could just get past Chicago.

I would agree. While Edmunds is a freak athletically, being as young as he is, he just doesn't see the play develop. He just moves in his gap as quickly as he can and does not see what is going on in front of him. Can he fix this? Yes. But do you want to take the chance that down the road the light will comes on ? I would say yes. There are some players later in the draft that we can pick up for insurance. But do you want to take a pick in the first round that you are not sure of and have to have plan B in the wings? It is a risk vs. reward scenario. Griffin will probably be there in the 3rd maybe even early 4th. You know what the knock on him is, but he played at an exceptionally high level even with his handicap. I would feel much better going with a scenario where we take James or Fitz in the 1st and pick up Griffin or Turay in the 3rd. Oh I forgot, we might even be able to get Baker in the 3rd.

Last edited:
I love edmunds, but he does seem to have some bust potential. I don’t see Roquan being a bust. He may not have as high of a ceiling due to size, but his instincts are much more proven and he plays ultra fast, which is our main weakness. Personally I’m tired of seeing guys make catches across the middle and beat our LB’s to the edge. I’m leaning Roquan slightly at this point.

I’ve been edmunds, but I’m slowly changing my mind. Roquan would really increase our defenses speed. Especially taking reps from someone like Kiko or Hull. He could be a great QB spy too. Another Achilles heel. Screens to the Rb? He’s got that covered too. Dude has insane closing speed. When it looks like the RB should have him beat to the edge, Roquan not only manages to get there, but he gets a full wrap up on the guy. Not just shoestrings. His speed and sure tackling sure are fun to watch. Then again the way edmunds knifes through the line like a bullet and runs over people is pretty fun too. I’m just not sure about his instincts. But he is 19!

Lastly we could just go with some one like James or minkah and get a speedy LB like griffin later. That’s a nice fix. This could be a really good draft if we play our cards right. Everything we need is there and at good value for our picks. The Rueben foster news hurts but not if we go FS. We could choose between Minkah and Derwin. Could have worse problems.

View attachment 11957
Anyone catch that on nfl mock draft live?

McGlinchey and J.Jackson going 8th and 9th. If either of those players crack the top 10 we are golden.

He has us trading down with GB and taking Minkah 14th. Edmunds goes 13th.

I couldnt imagine a scenario in which we would willing pass on Edmunds but with Ward and Fitzpatrick also still there (and Mayfield who goes 12th to Denver) it would be a dream scenario.

Trading down 3-4 spots and getting that 3rd we covet is ideal IMO.

The next 11 days are going to feel like an eternity. I really need to do some fishing to occupy my time. I already know im not getting any work done until May.

I want a LB, and to be more accurate, I want Edmunds, but if that is the type of player we get by moving down and getting a 3rd... I have no problem there.

I also want to trade down if possible and pickup another 2nd...but if Mayfield, Rosen, or Edmunds make it to 11 I would prob stand pat and take them. Especially in a weak draft class.

I can see standing pat in that situation but I don’t consider this a weak draft class unless you need a LT or DE. Otherwise I’m happy with the draft.

View attachment 11957
Anyone catch that on nfl mock draft live?

McGlinchey and J.Jackson going 8th and 9th. If either of those players crack the top 10 we are golden.

He has us trading down with GB and taking Minkah 14th. Edmunds goes 13th.

I couldnt imagine a scenario in which we would willing pass on Edmunds but with Ward and Fitzpatrick also still there (and Mayfield who goes 12th to Denver) it would be a dream scenario.

Trading down 3-4 spots and getting that 3rd we covet is ideal IMO.

The next 11 days are going to feel like an eternity. I really need to do some fishing to occupy my time. I already know im not getting any work done until May.

If this happens, I will lose my mind in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom