MLS Player Salaries | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MLS Player Salaries

Well lets be honest, the MLS does not have the money with the likes of the NFL, MLB, and NBA. So how do you expect the MLS teams to pay their players any more? Actually I'm quite impressed that some of them are making a quarter-million per year. As long as MLS keeps growing, so will their salaries. Probably in about 10 years, the average salary could reach between $750,000 - 1 million.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Well lets be honest, the MLS does not have the money with the likes of the NFL, MLB, and NBA. So how do you expect the MLS teams to pay their players any more? Actually I'm quite impressed that some of them are making a quarter-million per year. As long as MLS keeps growing, so will their salaries. Probably in about 10 years, the average salary could reach between $750,000 - 1 million.

The salaries will eventually get bigger and bigger. Last season, for the first time, a team (Los Angeles Galaxy) made a profit. Teams are making more and more each year. Eventually, they will be able to give the players good money. Still, there are some really good players like Ricardo Clark and Kyle Martino who are getting nothing. I think the signing of Freddy Adu will really help the league attract fans.

I would be really pissed If I was Donovan, McBride or anyone else that plays for the national team seeing that a 15 year old is making more money than I am.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I would be really pissed If I was Donovan, McBride or anyone else that plays for the national team seeing that a 15 year old is making more money than I am.

Freddy is 14. ;)

Back
Top Bottom