MMQB on Feeley/Ramsey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MMQB on Feeley/Ramsey

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
Peter "Burger" King weighs in-

"h. What I like about the A.J. Feeley trade from Philly to Miami is it gives the Dolphins an efficient, mistake-free quarterback with a decent upside. The Dolphins lost out on Brunell, then Ramsey. In the NFL landscape, there's no question that the next-best option was Feeley. I like him. Tough, cool, great teammate. Then there's the Heather Mitts factor. Your girlfriend will fit in just fine in South Beach, A.J.

i. What I don't like about the Feeley deal is that it leaves Miami with one draft choice among the first 64 picks in each of the next two drafts. (The Dolphins gave their 2004 second-rounder to New England for a third-round selections last year that turned into lineman Wade Smith. The Feeley compensation is a 2005 second-rounder.) So Miami has a first-round pick this year and next, and no twos. By contrast, the team Miami's chasing, New England, has two ones and two twos in 2004 alone."

" What bothers me more, I think, is that Gibbs unwittingly is trying to recreate 1992, which you just can't do in the NFL's salary cap era. He wants two high-achieving quarterbacks, so once the Redskins determined that they were going to trade for Brunell, they also decided they were NOT going to deal Ramsey. And they were sorely tested on the latter point last Friday when the Dolphins came calling for Ramsey. The conversation between front-office operatives lasted about eight seconds. Under no circumstances would Ramsey be available. Period. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/02/23/mmqb/?cnn=yes

Originally posted by Sofa_King_Drunk
The Dolphins lost out on Brunell, then Ramsey. In the NFL landscape, there's no question that the next-best option was Feeley. I like him. Tough, cool, great teammate.

I was a little surprised at such definitive, praise, but it does make em feel better. I know Peter King gets ridiculed a lot on this board, but I think he has a pretty sharp football mind, and his opinion carries some weight for me.

BUMP!

What? NO one wants to take a swing at this statement?

The Dolphins lost out on Brunell, then Ramsey. In the NFL landscape, there's no question that the next-best option was Feeley. I like him. Tough, cool, great teammate.

Back
Top Bottom