Re-sign:
J.Taylor, N.Jones, A.Fasano, D.Bess

Trade:
3rd & 6th to Arizona for A.Boldin WR
G.Wilson to KC for D.Johnson ILB

Cut:
J.Porter, A.Ayodele, R.Torbor

FA:
K.Dansby ILB - finally we get a play making leader on our defense, Adding Dansby allows Crowder to just make tackles. To me this is an absolute must signing, pay him whatever he needs to come here.

A.Rolle FS/ R.Clark FS - we need a massive upgrade in this position and if Rolle becomes free he would be an excellent addition to our defense. If not, R.Clark is a bone crushing FS that can cover and would also be a great pick-up from Pittsburghs defense.

Draft:

Trade 1(12) to SF for 1(17) & 3rd so they can select J.Haden CB that falls a bit.

1. B.Graham OLB - this gives us a great edge rusher that can equally play the run. This allows J.Taylor to split reps with C.Wake until Wake can take over fulltime.

Trade 2, W.Allen & G.Cam to Det for 2(34) & 4th

2. D.Thomas WR - Big body, fast, great hands. Add him to Boldin, Bess, Hartline and Ginn and we have the makings of a wonderful WR group.

3. T.Troup NT - 6'3 314 - had a great senior bowl where he was dominant.

4. R.Saffold OT/OG - 6'5 319 - versatile that could potentially come into camp and displace J.Smiley or D.Thomas at guard or even OT and move Carey to guard.

4. E.Dickson TE - 6'4 244 4.63/40 - excellent hands, strong, tough, down the field threat.

6. C.Geathers DE - 6'8 281 4.84/40

6.K.Weston NT - 6'5 320

7. J.Jorgensen OLB - 6'2 256 4.61/40

7. S.Johnson RB - 6' 210 4.43/40

We make a few realistic trades to improve our team....KC needs SS help and we could use better/cheaper ILB help so G.Wilson for D.Johnson makes sense on both sides. D.Johnson will push C.Crowder to be the best player he can be or he'll be coming off the bench. D.Johnson also brings good coverage skills and could potentially come in for Crowder on obvious passing downs.

K.Dansby brings us the defensive leader we've been missing since ZT, he's also a play maker something we've been missing forever aswell.

A.Rolle could be a nice pick up if he's cut but if not the R.CLarke will bring the wood aswell as good coverage skills. This is another must have position in FA especially if no real good NT's are available.

Boldin brings us a #1 tough SOB at WR, hopefully some of that can rub off on T.Ginn but that might be asking too much. We also trade up in the 2nd to draft D.Thomas, he brings the ideal size and speed to become our eventual number 1. Having Boldin, Bess, Ginn, Thomas, Turner and Hartline makes our weakness now a strength giving Henne multiple options to go to.

B.Graham gives us a great OLB to not only rush the QB but set the edge against the run. This gives JT the ability to slide back to his more natural position while splitting reps with C.Wake. This makes both OLB's better, Wake can still learn to play the position without the pressure of being a starter.

I would have gotten a NT in FA but I really don't think any will be available. J.Ferguson has gone on record to say he will play for the Dolphins or retire so let's tell him to be in game shape come the season and if we need him he'll be put back on the roster just as Seau has done for NE.

So what do you guys think...

If that happened it would be great. Rolle looks to be resigned. IDK about all the trades though. I think our best bet would be to stay away from Thomas in the second and get our FS there-Chad Jones. I like Troupe or Cam Thomas in the 3rd, if we can get one back. This draft + offseason fills all of our holes. ILB-Dansby. OLb-Graham (or Griffen)
WR-Boldin. NT-Troupe (Cam Thomas) FS-Clark (or as i said Jones or such) Nice.

so the 49ers have the 13 and the 17 pick so they are going to trade up from the 17 spot instead of the the 13 and they wont even need to trade up

Detroit isnt giving a high 2nd for an average receiver and an older CB coming off a major surgery.

Detroit isnt giving a high 2nd for an average receiver and an older CB coming off a major surgery.

Their moving back 10 spots and gaining two starters aswell, what do you think we'd need to give up in the 2nd round to move up?

We're not getting their 2nd for two players, we're also giving up our 2nd if you didn't read it probably which it seems to be the case.

so the 49ers have the 13 and the 17 pick so they are going to trade up from the 17 spot instead of the the 13 and they wont even need to trade up

This is to ensure they get CJ.Spiller or any OT that happens to drop along with Haden.

Obviousily it won't happen, it's just a thought. None of us are in the buisness of knowing exactly what other teams are going to do let alone ours but I can dream, lol!

The SF trade is intriging, that would be cool if it happened. I don't see the Detroit trade happening however, could happen, in fact as teams go thru the draft situations present themselves where decision are made on the fly so you never know.......

Their moving back 10 spots and gaining two starters aswell, what do you think we'd need to give up in the 2nd round to move up?

We're not getting their 2nd for two players, we're also giving up our 2nd if you didn't read it probably which it seems to be the case.

Actually think your giving up too much in that trade 3rd.

Sounds reasonable to me, If Graham is gone at that point I would also consider taking Weatherspoon, love that kid.

Thomas is my favorite receiver comming out this year.
Nice Job.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom