Mock Draft 1st 6 picks- We could possibly fall to the 6 spot | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft 1st 6 picks- We could possibly fall to the 6 spot

For starters, you've got us picking Okoye in the 2nd round. He is the top rated DT as a senior this year and will go in the top 10. Not really sure where we will pick, put one thing is for sure, we need play makers. I think we will pick somewhere in the top 10 though. Those who keep asking for a QB, might want to look at Troy Smith as a back-up in later rounds, as he is a playmaker. Below is a list of possible players I feel are more likely at much needed positions.

LT - Joe Thomas (SR), Tony Ugoh (SR)
DT - Amobi Okoye (SR), Quinn Pit**** (SR)
CB - Leon Hall (SR)
S - Reggie Nelosn (JR)
WR - Calvin Johnson (JR), Ted Ginn Jr. (JR)

For starters, you've got us picking Okoye in the 2nd round. He is the top rated DT as a senior this year and will go in the top 10. Not really sure where we will pick, put one thing is for sure, we need play makers. I think we will pick somewhere in the top 10 though. Those who keep asking for a QB, might want to look at Troy Smith as a back-up in later rounds, as he is a playmaker. Below is a list of possible players I feel are more likely at much needed positions.

LT - Joe Thomas (SR), Tony Ugoh (SR)
DT - Amobi Okoye (SR), Quinn Pit**** (SR)
CB - Leon Hall (SR)
S - Reggie Nelosn (JR)
WR - Calvin Johnson (JR), Ted Ginn Jr. (JR)

Amobi Okoye definitely isnt going in the top 10. Hes a first day pick. Probably a first round pick, but if he falls to the second round, we gotta jump on him. Hes probably the third best DT coming outa the draft behind Alan Branch and Quinn Pitt****

6. Miami ( Assuming Houston beats Cleveland, Washington beats NYG) - Dolphins Front 7 is the reason this team stays in games late in the 4th quarter. Our secondary on the other hand, is the reason we give up huge plays to not-so-great QBs (Batch, Losman, Pennington, not-so-good-anymore Favre...you get the idea). So I think the Fins go with Leon Hall. Plays with the most competitive in the Big Ten. No other Olinemen worth taking this high in the draft. Fins could go with Alan Branch, but supposedly they got a steal with Rod Wright, so they could always address the aging Dline in the '08 Draft. Maybe Ted Ginn, Jr. He could really give a spark to our offense and return game. Or the biggest question, do the Fins go with a QB here. Brian Brohm, if he enters the Draft, would probably be either taken by the Lions or the Raiders. Sources have said that both teams would like to draft a QB. If Brohm is not there, do the Fins take Culpepper's mold- Jamarcus Russel - if he declares...
2nd round- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
3rd round - Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
4th round- Doubt he falls here but Mason Crosby, kicker from Colorado. Best kicker to come out of the draft in a while.

Enough of Mason Crosby already. The kicker from UCLA is statistically dominant.

As for LB, What about Alexander of OU? Eubanks from Delta St and Culberson of Mississippi St have impressed me and can be gotten in the 4th round.

I'd love to see Posluzny playing with Z. Thomas and C. Crowder.... but have a feeling Posluzny may fall to the bottom of the first round.
Really have to wait till the scouting combine and the East/West Shrine & Hula Bowl games....always has a huge influence on GM's, coaches, etc.

I would rather have Patrick Willis from Ole Miss. This guy is going to be very good in this league and he is someone who could make an impact next season.

Okoye does not last out of the top 15 picks possibly the top ten. Alot of scouts are real high on him right now. Staley is another one that wont fall out of the 2nd and may end up being the 2nd rated tackle in the draft behind Thomas seeing as how Levi Brown is falling and Baker and Long are not entering the draft. Depending on what juniors enter and workouts the guy I see falling to us right now is Gaines Adams if we pick in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom