Mock Draft 1st 6 picks- We could possibly fall to the 6 spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft 1st 6 picks- We could possibly fall to the 6 spot

C

chada456

I would never root againt the Fins but with our depleted Secondary against their potent offense, Fins are gonna have a tough time with this one.. This is one loss I would not be too mad about.
We lose and go to 6-10
1. Lions (2-14) - people are making this a harder decision than it will be. They get Brady Quinn
2. Oakland (2-14) - They can go 3 different ways- all offense here. Joe Thomas, Calvin Johsnon or Brian Brohm if he's available. I believe they would go Brohm if he came out. Some are saying he is better than Quinn. Brohm has stated he will be going back to school so with that I believe Raiders get Johnson (Moss and/or Porter will be gone next year). Teams usually select skill positions with a top pick.
3. Tampa Bay (4-12)- Their defense is aging and they need an aggressive pass rusher. They go with Gaines Adams. If Calvin Johnson is still there, they would probably get him but I think he'll be off the board by then.
4. Cleveland (4-12- Assuming they lose to Houston) - They have some potential playmakers on offense and besides the question mark at the QB position, another need for an upgrade is RB. They go with Adrian Peterson.
5. Arizona (5-11- If they somehow beat San Diego, we would move to the fifth spot) - Their Oline doesnt block well but with Joe Thomas on that line, he will provide huge assistance. The guy is massive.
6. Miami ( Assuming Houston beats Cleveland, Washington beats NYG) - Dolphins Front 7 is the reason this team stays in games late in the 4th quarter. Our secondary on the other hand, is the reason we give up huge plays to not-so-great QBs (Batch, Losman, Pennington, not-so-good-anymore Favre...you get the idea). So I think the Fins go with Leon Hall. Plays with the most competitive in the Big Ten. No other Olinemen worth taking this high in the draft. Fins could go with Alan Branch, but supposedly they got a steal with Rod Wright, so they could always address the aging Dline in the '08 Draft. Maybe Ted Ginn, Jr. He could really give a spark to our offense and return game. Or the biggest question, do the Fins go with a QB here. Brian Brohm, if he enters the Draft, would probably be either taken by the Lions or the Raiders. Sources have said that both teams would like to draft a QB. If Brohm is not there, do the Fins take Culpepper's mold- Jamarcus Russel - if he declares...
2nd round- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
3rd round - Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
4th round- Doubt he falls here but Mason Crosby, kicker from Colorado. Best kicker to come out of the draft in a while.
I know we need depth at the Linebacker Position but I personally dont think there are too many potential Linebackers in this years draft.
Wasnt sure about going with more offensive guys seeing how our Offense is the reason we are 6-9. But with a healthy QB, R. Williams back, and hopefully a new Offensive Coordinator, I believe our offense can improve next year.
Thoughts? I believe I have the order right?

How about possibly linebacker Paul Posluzny from Penn State... I think maybe Saban would like his versatility in playing inside and/or outside linebacker?
I think $$ wise, you can get very good offensive lineman after the first round and not have to pay first round money for them.

No matter who wins or loses this week, Based on SoS, the highest we can move up is 8th overall in the 1st round:

Current order with SoS %:

1. Detroit 2-13 .529 (at Dallas)
2. Oakland 2-13 .546 (at NY Jets)
3. Cleveland 4-11 .533 (at Houston)
4. Tampa 4-11 .542 (vs Seattle)
5. Arizona 5-10 .492 (at San Diego)
6. Houston 5-10 .513 (vs Cleveland)
7. Washington 5-10 .513 (vs NY Giants)
8. Minnesota 6-9 .475 (vs St. Louis)
9. San Fran 6-9 .496 (at Denver)
10. Miami 6-9 .538 (at Indy)
11. St Louis 7-8 .458 (at Minnesota)
12. Atlanta 7-8 .458 (at Philly)
13. Carolina 7-8 .483 (at New Orleans)
14. Green Bay 7-8 .500 (at Chicago)
15. Pittsburgh 7-8 .508 (at Cincy)
16. NY Giants 7-8 .529 (at Washington)
17. Buffalo 7-8 .571 (at Baltimore)

In the 2nd round we could pick as high as #5 overall, but not in the 1st.

I would never root againt the Fins but with our depleted Secondary against their potent offense, Fins are gonna have a tough time with this one.. This is one loss I would not be too mad about.
We lose and go to 6-10
1. Lions (2-14) - people are making this a harder decision than it will be. They get Brady Quinn
2. Oakland (2-14) - They can go 3 different ways- all offense here. Joe Thomas, Calvin Murphy or Brian Brohm if he's available. I believe they would go Brohm if he came out. Some are saying he is better than Quinn. Brohm has stated he will be going back to school so with that I believe Raiders get Murphy (Moss and/or Porter will be gone next year). Teams usually select skill positions with a top pick.
3. Tampa Bay (4-12)- Their defense is aging and they need an aggressive pass rusher. They go with Gaines Adams. If Calvin Murphy is still there, they would probably get him but I think he'll be off the board by then.
4. Cleveland (4-12- Assuming they lose to Houston) - They have some potential playmakers on offense and besides the question mark at the QB position, another need for an upgrade is RB. They go with Adrian Peterson.
5. Arizona (5-11- If they somehow beat San Diego, we would move to the fifth spot) - Their Oline doesnt block well but with Joe Thomas on that line, he will provide huge assistance. The guy is massive.
6. Miami ( Assuming Houston beats Cleveland, Washington beats NYG) - Dolphins Front 7 is the reason this team stays in games late in the 4th quarter. Our secondary on the other hand, is the reason we give up huge plays to not-so-great QBs (Batch, Losman, Pennington, not-so-good-anymore Favre...you get the idea). So I think the Fins go with Leon Hall. Plays with the most competitive in the Big Ten. No other Olinemen worth taking this high in the draft. Fins could go with Alan Branch, but supposedly they got a steal with Rod Wright, so they could always address the aging Dline in the '08 Draft. Maybe Ted Ginn, Jr. He could really give a spark to our offense and return game. Or the biggest question, do the Fins go with a QB here. Brian Brohm, if he enters the Draft, would probably be either taken by the Lions or the Raiders. Sources have said that both teams would like to draft a QB. If Brohm is not there, do the Fins take Culpepper's mold- Jamarcus Russel - if he declares...
2nd round- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
3rd round - Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
4th round- Doubt he falls here but Mason Crosby, kicker from Colorado. Best kicker to come out of the draft in a while.
I know we need depth at the Linebacker Position but I personally dont think there are too many potential Linebackers in this years draft.
Wasnt sure about going with more offensive guys seeing how our Offense is the reason we are 6-9. But with a healthy QB, R. Williams back, and hopefully a new Offensive Coordinator, I believe our offense can improve next year.
Thoughts? I believe I have the order right?

Who is Calvin Murphy? I tend not to give much credibility to someone's ideas when they don't even get the name right of the possible 2nd pick in the draft.

No matter who wins or loses this week, Based on SoS, the highest we can move up is 8th overall in the 1st round:

Current order with SoS %:

1. Detroit 2-13 .529 (at Dallas)
2. Oakland 2-13 .546 (at NY Jets)
3. Cleveland 4-11 .533 (at Houston)
4. Tampa 4-11 .542 (vs Seattle)
5. Arizona 5-10 .492 (at San Diego)
6. Houston 5-10 .513 (vs Cleveland)
7. Washington 5-10 .513 (vs NY Giants)
8. Minnesota 6-9 .475 (vs St. Louis)
9. San Fran 6-9 .496 (at Denver)
10. Miami 6-9 .538 (at Indy)
11. St Louis 7-8 .458 (at Minnesota)
12. Atlanta 7-8 .458 (at Philly)
13. Carolina 7-8 .483 (at New Orleans)
14. Green Bay 7-8 .500 (at Chicago)
15. Pittsburgh 7-8 .508 (at Cincy)
16. NY Giants 7-8 .529 (at Washington)
17. Buffalo 7-8 .571 (at Baltimore)

In the 2nd round we could pick as high as #5 overall, but not in the 1st.

those tie breaking rules are not just. So the worst team with the EASIEST schedule gets to pick 1st. It SHOULD be the worst team with the HARDEST schedule should pick 1st. That is the way I thought the NFL handled tie breaking rules. Thanx for the info.

those tie breaking rules are not just. So the worst team with the EASIEST schedule gets to pick 1st. It SHOULD be the worst team with the HARDEST schedule should pick 1st. That is the way I thought the NFL handled tie breaking rules. Thanx for the info.

Yeah, many folks think that at first (hardest vs. easiest). But actually it makes sense.

The NFL takes head to head out of the equation, and uses SoS. The reason its the easiest schedule picks ahead of a team with the harder schedule is logical.

The easier schedule should have produced a better record, so if they are that bad and cant win a game more, they get the higher pick in the 1st round.

It rotates in subsequent rounds. So if 3 teams all had the same record, in round two the 3rd team picks 1st, the 1st picks 2nd, and the 2nd picks 3rd, then in the next round the 2nd team picks 1st, the 3rd team 2nd and the 1st team picks 3rd, etc....get it?

How about possibly linebacker Paul Posluzny from Penn State... I think maybe Saban would like his versatility in playing inside and/or outside linebacker?
I think $$ wise, you can get very good offensive lineman after the first round and not have to pay first round money for them.

I wouldn't be upset at all if we took Posluszny. :dolphins:

why are you guys talking about 2nd round picks i thought we got rid of ours in the culpepper trade?

why are you guys talking about 2nd round picks i thought we got rid of ours in the culpepper trade?

:confused: that was last years 2nd rounder for DC to Vikes.

This upcoming draft we gave up a 6th (that conditionally seems to have turned into a 5th for Joey based on % of snaps taken to Detriot).

So a 5th seems to be the only pick we are with out this year.

We'll see where the chips fall. Too bad we have no 5th rounder as we have found a lot of diamonds in the rough/ruff there. For LB help, we can probably look to free agency (Briggs from Chicago). Also, we could go after Clements but he may be too pricey.

I just hope that Nick looks outside the SEC too. Has anyone noticed that the Fins almost never take players from our own back yard (The U). I know we got Carey but I mean that's once in a blue moon.

BTW, I wouldn't mind taking Ty Moss from the U in the later rounds. Ricky will be here but he's so unreliable.

I'd love to see Posluzny playing with Z. Thomas and C. Crowder.... but have a feeling Posluzny may fall to the bottom of the first round.
Really have to wait till the scouting combine and the East/West Shrine & Hula Bowl games....always has a huge influence on GM's, coaches, etc.

Back
Top Bottom