mock draft 2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mock draft 2.0

Mitchell_NY

Rookie
Reaction score
R1 P5 - Tua tagovalia, we gotta just take the shot on him
R1 P10 - TRADE, Mekhi becton, my favorite tackle in the draft behind andrew thomas, here i have thomas getting drated before so we trade up and get a stud
R1 P26 - Antonie Winfield, IMO he is the best safety in the draft and will replace minkah a little short but i think he will be a stud
R2 P39 - Ezra Cleveland, him in the 2nd is a steal and a great addition we now have the tackles figured out
R2 P56 - traded to cleveland:
R3 P70 - Cam Akers, we traded our 56 pick to cleveland but still find a good RB in the 3rd round, he isn't taylor or swift but he can get the job done
R4 P141 - Lynn Bowden, i belive he will be here in the 4th we could use another WR he is a gadgety player

that's my mock what would you guys change?

I'm not a fan of Mekhi, as I don't trust with his size a weight he can stay at LT. Also it's going to take more than the #18 and the #56 to move up with Cleveland.

I like the thought process but I think Miami has Davis rated higher than Winfield, but I like Winfield a lot too.

I like your thinking also.
I think the value is pretty good for each spot, and filling needs effectively. It wouldn't surprise me to see a trade down from 26 to try to fill that gap between 70 and 141.
We might also trade some of those 5 6 7's to move up from 70 or 141.
But nice, I would be OK with that I think. I would rather have Thomas than Bechton; I wonder which will go first.

R1 P5 - Tua tagovalia, we gotta just take the shot on him
R1 P10 - TRADE, Mekhi becton, my favorite tackle in the draft behind andrew thomas, here i have thomas getting drated before so we trade up and get a stud
R1 P26 - Antonie Winfield, IMO he is the best safety in the draft and will replace minkah a little short but i think he will be a stud
R2 P39 - Ezra Cleveland, him in the 2nd is a steal and a great addition we now have the tackles figured out
R2 P56 - traded to cleveland:
R3 P70 - Cam Akers, we traded our 56 pick to cleveland but still find a good RB in the 3rd round, he isn't taylor or swift but he can get the job done
R4 P141 - Lynn Bowden, i belive he will be here in the 4th we could use another WR he is a gadgety player

that's my mock what would you guys change?
I think Miami could take the shot at Tua. I wouldn't blame them for trying, although there are obvious concerns. With drug allegations, Becton could end up lasting until #18. But I do agree with your thoughts there. I think the Dolphins will likely have to trade up for one of the top 4 tackles. If Tua is the pick, Willis or Wirfs would be my choice. Thomas would be my third option for Tua, Becton 4th.

A+ just for Tua

I hope we don’t take a RB until Day 3 but it seems like we will get one earlier than that

That trade is pretty fair according to the "chart". I don't think Cleveland wants to move down that far though.

I like all the top Safeties and will be interested to see which one Miami go for(assuming they are targeting that position).

Don't think Akers makes it to 70.

Bowden is an interesting "slash" type who could eventually become a legit WR, again not sure he will last that long.

I would be happy with a draft that added the QB, multiple OL, a FS and a RB, I might quibble on which guys but I like your overall strategy.

I’m not sure if #56 will get us from #18 to #10. I like the concept and positions - FS/ RB etc. Concerned about Winfield’s durability 5’9 and been banged up. Prefer a Delpit or Maybe Davis/Chin.
I think in this scenario I’m going RB #39.
CEH Swift or Akers. I can’t risk missing big 5 RB.
At 70 maybe Cushenberry or IOL or OT.

I have been toying with doubling up on Safeties and building a great secondary.

I would love Delpit and Chinn somehow but that is not very realistic.

Getting a good OT at 18 would really set up Miami's Draft.Not having to trade up would really open up options later.

I wouldn't sweat going up from 18 to grab an OT, prefer to get the BPA at 18, 26. If one is an OT, grab him. There still:
Josh Jones
Austin Jackson
Ezra Cleveland
Isaiah Wilson
Lucas Niang
Prince Tega Wanagho
Matthew Peart
Saahdiq Charles
Ben Bartch
Jack Driscoll
Plus all the quality guards/centers out there: Ruiz, Hunt, Hennessey, Lewis, Cushenberry, etc...
I'm a HUGE proponent of building the line but you can dedicate picks 39 till end of draft to grab 4-5 of these guys.

Back
Top Bottom